PDA

View Full Version : Quick Release Bike Mount

TONY.BAXTER
09-24-2009, 04:03 AM
Is it possible to buy just the bike mount part of the quick release kit for fixing to 2nd bike or do you have to buy a complete 2nd kit with watch strap etc?

MADEUPNAME
09-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Do you have the QR already - if not buy it from somewhere to where it can be easily returned.

I am returning mine after a week. It works brilliantly on the bike but is rubbish when worn on the wrist, for me at least.

The replacement wrist strap is of a much lower quality than the original strap and allows the 310 to wobble too much which on a long run is every annoying.

TONY.BAXTER
09-24-2009, 10:48 AM
I've got the QR strap and really like it - admittedly the strap itself doesn't appear as substantial as the one that comes with the watch but i've not experienced any movement when locked in place and as my thing is triathlon i like the ease of moving watch from wrist to bike quickly.

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
09-24-2009, 02:11 PM
I've got the QR strap and really like it - admittedly the strap itself doesn't appear as substantial as the one that comes with the watch but i've not experienced any movement when locked in place and as my thing is triathlon i like the ease of moving watch from wrist to bike quickly.

+2 on that. If fixed properly to the wrist, all is well

DCRAINMAKER
09-29-2009, 06:26 AM
+2 on that. If fixed properly to the wrist, all is well

Agree as well.

The only thing that could cause any woble would be if during the 'installation' of the quick release kit piece the little holes where the pins fit in were scrapped/expanded such that it's no longer a tight fit.

MADEUPNAME
09-29-2009, 09:36 AM
No, it was installed correctly, the holes for the pin are still small and tight and bare no resemblance to wizard sleeves.

The strap fit on my wrist with the replacement band is not the same as with the original band, as a consequence, to maintain blood flow to my hand (!) the next "notch" causes the unit, exacerbated by a higher ride height as well, to sway back and forth when running and for me this is unacceptable.

I am thoroughly thrilled for you that it fits you perfectly and that you have no issues with it. I was merely stating that the QR kit doesn't work for everyone and it shouldn't be taken as a given that this accessory will work perfectly for everyone. Having a different opinion is allowed here isn't it without the assumption being that I'm a complete numbnuts unable to install a watch strap. :D

BTW - Can you honestly say that you have NEVER pressed any of the buttons whilst removing and replacing the unit between wrist and bike, if you can then it's only a matter of time ;)

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
09-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Ouch!!

If the strap supplied does not work for you, there are a number of velcro strap options that would do as well. Google velcro watch strap and you'll find a number of choices, either on-line or in a shop near you.

MADEUPNAME
09-30-2009, 01:30 AM
Thank you Philip - A velcro strap option that works with the QR? - I need to think through how that's gonna work in practice.

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
09-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Not difficult. Remove the Garmin strap, re-install the pins, thread the velcro strap through the pins and under the QR. Fix to wrist as normal.

MADEUPNAME
09-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Ok, thank you Philip.