PDA

View Full Version : Connect Not Showing Charts (Heart Rate, Timing, Cadence, Elevation)

JBROOKINS
07-22-2011, 08:30 PM
I can no longer see any charts (heart rate, timing, cadence, elevation) for new or old activities. I am also having issues with Quick Edit, Delete and the Compare Activities on the Activities View. It says 'Loading' but it never returns. The Manual Activites doesn't work either.

I've owned the Forerunner 405 since September 2009. I'm also using Windows Explorer 9.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

SORTPA
07-23-2011, 01:40 PM
I have been wondering about this myself. I have a 405cx and with all my recent uploads no information has appeared in the charts. I went back to some older activities that I know had information in the charts, but there is no information in there either. I have updated the firmware and have done a master reset, but still no info in the charts. What am I not doing?

DW152
07-23-2011, 02:02 PM
When similar problems have happened in the past, sometimes clearing your browser's cache has fixed this problem. It might be worth a try.

fat-boy-run
07-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Maybe check FAQ under help. Good luck.

JBROOKINS
07-27-2011, 08:47 PM
I've been trying to figure this out for months. A few days ago I cleared the cache and did everything I could think of but to no avail.
Tonight I decided to revert back to Internet Explorer 7 (I have Internet Explorer 9) and guess what happened!?! I could see all the details that were missing - heart rate, cadence, elevation and timing. I could even add Manual Activities and perform Quick Edit from the Activities Page. It's working as designed with Internet Explorer 7.

Hopefully there's an upgrade in the works to handle IE9 coming soon!

I hope this helps others!

boutwater
09-20-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm having the same problem...no charts in ie9. Does anyone know if a fix is in the works for this? Or is it just a setting in ie9 that we need to change? Thanks!

STACEY.WITENBERGER
09-22-2011, 12:18 PM
I've been trying to figure this out for months. A few days ago I cleared the cache and did everything I could think of but to no avail.
Tonight I decided to revert back to Internet Explorer 7 (I have Internet Explorer 9) and guess what happened!?! I could see all the details that were missing - heart rate, cadence, elevation and timing. I could even add Manual Activities and perform Quick Edit from the Activities Page. It's working as designed with Internet Explorer 7.

Hopefully there's an upgrade in the works to handle IE9 coming soon!

I hope this helps others!

The reason you are having issues is because GC has not been updated to work with the IE 9 browser. Try viewing the page using "Compatibility View" and see if that works. Also firefox and Chrome work ok.

gmustafa
11-06-2011, 07:24 PM
I have try clearing up the cache, re-intalling Flash...
Using IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome and nothing help.....

Did Garmin change something?

GERRYCAN
11-06-2011, 07:57 PM
I have try clearing up the cache, re-intalling Flash...
Using IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome and nothing help.....

Did Garmin change something?

On the display page, directly under the map, to the left of the word CHARTS, there is a small triangle. Clicking that will hide all of the charts, and they will remain hidden for all activities until you again click on that triangle to show the charts.

You might check that out as a possibility.

RON11DOT3
11-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Hopefully a webmaster for Garmin Connect read these forums. Since this thread relates to Flash incompatibility in certain browsers, I would suggest moving away from flash and moving to open source html5. Here is a link to how to program charts in HTML5. http://www.rgraph.net/examples/index.html

For other users, please post if the charts show up in your browser of choice. This may help to push the web developers to this alternative. Thanks.

julien321
11-15-2011, 01:51 PM
...relates to Flash incompatibility....

...and even when it is compatible it's likely to crash and give you "blank" fields too. Come on Garmin everyone (and now even Adobe) agrees that Flash is a steaming pile of crap that needs to die.