PDA

View Full Version : 310xt Handle Bar Mount vs quick release.

PALLY8
09-17-2009, 08:31 AM
I wanted to use my 310xt with a handle bar mount. Has any one had any issues with the garmin version? Was wondering if someone who has had success with this can guide me as to what exactly i need to buy so I can transition from a run, take off the watch and mount it to my bike Confused on whether I actually need the "quick release" and handle bar mount? Thank You!

LISAFOX16
09-17-2009, 11:32 AM
The handlebar mount stays on the bike and is fixed with zip ties, whereas the quick release kit is specifically designed for the triathlete. It comes in three parts, a bike mount, a new wrist strap and a part that clips onto the back of the 310.

When you start the bike you twist the watch onto the mount and when you finish the bike you take it out of the mount and twist it into your wrist strap. Works very well. My only complaint was that the strap isn't as nice as the standard grey/orange one. If that doesn't bother you, which it probably wouldn't for a race, then it really will make using the 310XT easier.

KAFOLSKE
09-17-2009, 01:05 PM
I use the garmin standard bike mount with my 310XT. It would be slower in transition from wrist to bike and back, but it works fine.

NDURANCERIDER
09-17-2009, 01:19 PM
My only complaint was that the strap isn't as nice as the standard grey/orange one.

On the other hand, I prefer the QR strap. Fits my small wrist better. Fashion is more Lisa's thing, though, so I'll bow to her sense of fashion. ;)

April

LISAFOX16
09-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Fashion is more Lisa's thing, though, so I'll bow to her sense of fashion. ;)

Doubt my daughters would agree with that though!