PDA

View Full Version : HR strap batteries

LHENRIO
09-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Hi all,

I had an issue with the HR strap of my (new) 310XT: I already changed the battery twice :mad:

When I received it the battery was empty ... bad luck; I changed it with the one of my watch, lasted 1 week and died during a freezing cold night ...bad luck it must have been empty and did not stand negative temperature ...
I changed again for a brand new battery ... and this one lasted not more than one week neither! :(

Did somebody have the same issue? Is it a known problem of the strap?

I tried to contact Garmin French support yesterday, but this was unsuccessful for the moment (no phone contact but I only tried twice, no reply to support request) :mad:

Too bad, I like my new garmin, and when it works the HR monitor is precise and helpful!!!

Fortunately the GPS is still working :)
--
BR
Ludo

JBATTLE
09-16-2009, 05:11 PM
A new battery should last many months.

After each use, quickly rinse it with some water and dry it off well. I think if there is any moisture it tends to run down the battery.

Even if you kept it damp the whole time, I'm surprised it lasted only a week. That sounds like maybe the HR strap is defective.

LHENRIO
09-17-2009, 02:37 AM
Even if you kept it damp the whole time, I'm surprised it lasted only a week. That sounds like maybe the HR strap is defective.
OK thanks for the reply, that's what I thought.
I did not see any moisture or anything when opening it, and I always let it dry after use: it is dry and clean
(and brand new anyway!!!)

--
Ludo

NDURANCERIDER
09-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Are you using the new soft strap? If so, be sure to store the strap unsnapped from at least one side. Also, dry off the electrodes after use and be sure you're not keeping the HRM in your gym bag with wet workout clothes.

Also, not all batteries are good out of the package. I got some from eBay once and only 1 in 2 was good. Still came out cheaper, but I had to test my batteries before use.

April

LHENRIO
09-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Are you using the new soft strap? If so, be sure to store the strap unsnapped from at least one side. Also, dry off the electrodes after use and be sure you're not keeping the HRM in your gym bag with wet workout clothes.

Also, not all batteries are good out of the package. I got some from eBay once and only 1 in 2 was good. Still came out cheaper, but I had to test my batteries before use.

April
well, first thanks for the advices, but:
- each battery died after 1 week or so, and there were 3 differetn ones
- I always stored my strap unsnapped from one side, even 2 sides after a while just in case
- and let it dry hung somewhere dry between runs

even this way the battery dies after 1 week!
so I really think the strap is not working properly ....:mad:

and I am still struggling trying to contact garmin support France :mad::mad::mad: