PDA

View Full Version : Accrued time on 310xt

TONY.BAXTER
09-16-2009, 02:35 AM
Have just been told by the phone support that the 310 XT doesnít have accrued time as a feature - so for example although you can get all individual lap details (say 1 mile splits) on a ten mile run if you wanted to determine what time you went through 5 miles youíd have to get your pen, pencil & calculator out. What makes this more frustrating is that that 305 did have this feature. Also Iím told by the support team that you canít access this information on either training centre or garminconnect Ė surely this canít be right and if so perhaps itís something for the IT guys to work on.

The support also suggested that i was the first person to mention this which makes me think that maybe there is a way of getting accrued time on the 310xt afterall as i can't believe i'm the only runner / cyclist who likes this option. Anyone out there got any suggestions?

ALAALA
09-16-2009, 03:19 AM
See my post in "Garmin 310XT Wish List "!

KANSAIBEN
09-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Not sure I'm following what you are trying to do. Are you trying to see this in real time or post activity? Definitely this is something lacking for post activity analysis (user definable segments) in all the current garmin offerings, but believe Sport Tracks/Ascent have this feature and Garmin has stated such a thing would in some fashion eventually be included in GC. If this is real time you are talking about, I'm not sure what feature in the 305 did this that is lacking in the 310. Only thing I could think of would be using the Lap Time data field in conjunction with manual laps. Do you recall how you did this on the 305?

TONY.BAXTER
09-16-2009, 09:27 AM
On the forerunner 305 you could see accrued times post activity on the watch in history / laps. In other words Lap 1 might read Time 8:00 Accrued Time 8:00 Lap 2 Time 8.00 Accrued Time 16:00 etc so you could easily determine not only individual splits but also what time you went through certain markers e.g 5 miles, 10miles etc.

KANSAIBEN
09-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the clarification. I can see how this is useful, especially immediately after a race or something before you got home, though admittedly I didn't use on the 305. I'm really most interested being able to do this on the computer at home, and would really like to see a robust, user-definable split feature (not dependent on laps) added to GC and possibly GTC but agree the accrued time in the least should be offered as a reportable in both (and don't see why that couldn't also be incorporated on the unit itself).

GIACOV
09-16-2009, 12:43 PM
I write in support of the "accrued time" request. I cannot understand why useful features present in the 305 could not be maintained in the 310 as, for instance, "Time last lap" field".
giacov