PDA

View Full Version : 310xt Powers on when removed from charger

EKUTTER
09-14-2009, 07:25 PM
When I remove the charging clip, the watch often automatically turns on. So unless I think to check, I'll leave the FR310 turned on and it will be drained when I go to use it. The Edge 705 used to do this and I several times went to use it only to find a dead battery.

With further investigation, it appears that this "feature" always turns the FR310 on when removing the charging clip IF it was on when the charging clip was attached.

The bug here is that if the FR310 is turned off when connected but then transfers a workout while it is charging, it is turned on when the clip is removed. It forgets it was turned off.

Garmin, if you are listening, please fix this in the next release. I actually can't imagine why you would want it to automatically come on when the clip is removed, regardless of if it was on when you connected the clip.

saeedi
09-14-2009, 09:18 PM
My experience has been a bit different. If the 310 was on when plugged into the clip, after an unplug, the watch will remain on. If the 310 was off when plugged into the clip, then the watch will turn off after it is unplugged.

I may forget which state the watch was in at the time it was plugged in, but it doesn't take long to find out when unplugged. The watch will either shutdown immediately or remain on.

philipshambrook
09-14-2009, 10:21 PM
The bug here is that if the FR310 is turned off when connected but then transfers a workout while it is charging, it is turned on when the clip is removed. It forgets it was turned off.

Noticed the same thing. The key thing is transferring data when charging. If there is no data to transfer it stays off when unclipped. If new data is present, it transfers and stays on.

EKUTTER
09-14-2009, 10:41 PM
So I see exactly what you see, except if there is a workout file that hasn't been uploaded yet when I connect the clip. In this case, even if the FR310 was turned off when I connected it and the file gets uploaded while the clip is connected, the unit then stays on when disconnected. Lately, my files don't seem to automatically upload to TC until I connect the power clip, so I am running into this frequently.

philipshambrook
09-15-2009, 02:53 AM
To upload when not connected to the charger, the 310 needs to be turned on. When connected to the charger it can be turned off and will start an upload.