View Full Version : Virtual Partner Issue
07-26-2009, 06:15 PM
So I was very surprised when I saw the 310XT for sale at my local running store (pre-loaded with the 2.40 firmware and everything). It's been interesting to use so far, certainly an improvement from the 305 in many ways, but the Virtual Partner feature doesn't seem to work properly at all. I've been using downloaded .crs files that I create at mapmyrun.com which work fine on my 305 but muck up the VP badly. When the course is loaded and running, the VP will change to % instead of the proper pace and will flash back and forth between 0 and 2668ish/7000ish miles as the Distance Behind. I've tried hard and soft resets, but neither seem to fix the problem. Any ideas what's going on here and what I can do to fix it?
07-26-2009, 06:24 PM
I have not had any issues with sending courses from Garmin Connect, Training Center, Bike Route Toaste (http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx)r or GPSies (http://www.gpsies.com/createTrack.do) to the 310XT. I have not tried with MayMyRun. Suppose I could test it for a short walk. It's possible that there may be something wrong with the crs file you are downloading.
07-29-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm thinking there must be something in the code with files from mapmyrun that's causing this, as courses created from my history seem to work fine. The VP still shows % instead of pace/speed, but that's probably 100% of what the pace was originally.
I imagine all this will me a moot point once Garmin launches the course creation section of connect. (Which, if the person I spoke with is to be believed, will be happening in the next two or so weeks.)
07-29-2009, 12:52 PM
I did try a course with MapMyRun. As soon as I started the course it tried to reroute me back to the start, then said the VP had finished. BikeRouteToaster (http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx) has been flawless in course creation, I suggest you try that until MapMyRun fixes their issue (if it is their issue).
08-27-2009, 06:28 PM
I did some virtual partner courses with no problems for now, using courses saved with the FR305 in the Training Center.
After synchronizing the 310 (which took extremly long for the courses) everything worked fine...
...because I had a lot of problems on the FR305 when using a language setting different to english, I use the FR310 also in english for now - so just to be sure that this is not responsible for your problem, you may will change language setting to english (if it is different to that;))
08-29-2009, 03:28 PM
SEILOGRAMP, thanks for the info on the other mapping sites. I posted a similar issue in the forum (courses) and looks like it's an issue using mapmyride created courses. For some reason the garmin freezes when I try to start the course from mapmyride (from today, one created a few weeks ago is fine), but is ok from bikeroutetoaster.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.