PDA

View Full Version : Uploading waypoints to the 310XT

WIM.WENNEKES@WANADOO.NL
09-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Is there any posibility to upload waypoints (coordinates) through a computer interface to the locations list of the 310 XT?

SEILOGRAMP
09-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Currently no. This was one of my disappointments when upgrading form the F305 to the 310XT.

I sent the following email to Garmin support:

With the Forerunner 205/305 I was able to manage waypoints with MapSource. I could save it on the device during a run then copy them to MapSource, or create a waypoint on MapSouce then send it to the device. This doesn't seem to be possible on the 310XT. Is that correct? Is this planned for a future software or firmware update?

Their reply:

The waypoints cannot be sent to Mapsource from the 310XT. I don't know if this is a software update that will be released later. I have forwarded this on as a suggestion to my Supervisor who will then forward it on to the Engineer's determination. However, I can't guarantee that a change in software will be made but we appreciate you sending the request to us.

ANTTISEP
10-03-2009, 11:33 AM
This is a huge disappointment. I have been using my old FR 301 also as a geocaching GPS. With that one I can just plug in the USB cable and after two mouse clicks the waypoint has been added to my device. With 310XT this no longes seems possible. Maybe I should just return my new unit to the dealer. Manually typing in ten waypoints at a time just isn't an option.