PDA

View Full Version : Any way to have "Target" on custom screens?

KELMENSON
09-12-2009, 01:13 PM
When using the 310XT for timed intervals, is there any way on the custom data screens to display the time remaining in the current interval? The main, non-custom, screen displays the time remaining under the label "Run for 05:00", but the closest I've been able to find in the "Data Fields" section is "Current Lap", but that counts up to 5:00, rather than down to 0:00.

It would seem that a generic "Target" data field, for time or distance remaining until target achieved, would be a really helpful addition. (Or maybe it's already there? I was surprised that I couldn't find it.)

JAWAZ
09-14-2009, 02:56 AM
I was thinking the same thing - I use intervals a lot and would be much better being able to have it on the main screen rather than having to change between screens. Hopefully there is a way to do this....

GBMOD11
09-16-2009, 09:31 AM
There is no way to set an Interval data field (timer countdown or reps to go) in the custom data screens. One recommendation is to activate the auto scroll (Main Menu > Settings > Run Settings > Auto Scroll) so you don't have to press the up and down arrows to switch between the data fields during an activity.

gbmod11

PUFFOLINO
09-17-2009, 06:08 AM
There is no way to set an Interval data field (timer countdown or reps to go) in the custom data screens. One recommendation is to activate the auto scroll (Main Menu > Settings > Run Settings > Auto Scroll) so you don't have to press the up and down arrows to switch between the data fields during an activity.

gbmod11

Scrolling through all the screens is not that simple while running! One important feature would be to get easily back to the "home screen" when holding down "up" or "down" for a second (or to swap between main screen and actual screen or something similar)
The other possibility would be to get some additional data fields, starting with all wellknown suspects from the 305 (time - last lap :p) and adding some others as well :D...
Would be intersting for me, which kind of data field could be implemented by Garmins programmers and what is to complicate for being realized. ;)

Michael

NDURANCERIDER
09-17-2009, 07:25 AM
You can turn off all but one data field page. You can also turn off the virtual partner. This would reduce the number of pages to scroll through on Auto Scroll or even non-auto-scroll.

April