PDA

View Full Version : GPS problems firmware 2.60?

PUFFOLINO
09-12-2009, 01:40 AM
One of my "standard" runs is a nice 15km course which I've done hundreds of time (which took yearsfor me ;)), therefore I have this course in my "trainings" of the FR310. It has been recorded with the FR305 and never "made problems", also when using it with the FR310 (firmware 2.50).

But after updating to 2.60, every time I do this training, the FR310 brings up the "off course" alarm on different positions :eek: The FR310 sometimes "jumps" to wrong positions, up to 200 meter! :(

Anyone else with such problems?

Michael

SEILOGRAMP
09-12-2009, 06:52 AM
Could be you're not getting a decent satellite lock or need to clear the satellite data and start fresh.

To do that, with a clear view of the sky hold down the down arrow while powering on the device. Hold the down arrow and power button for a few seconds then let go of both. I had to do this when I first got the 310 back in June. It seemed to clear up GPS issues I was having at the time.

PUFFOLINO
09-15-2009, 06:48 AM
Could be you're not getting a decent satellite lock or need to clear the satellite data and start fresh.

To do that, with a clear view of the sky hold down the down arrow while powering on the device. Hold the down arrow and power button for a few seconds then let go of both. I had to do this when I first got the 310 back in June. It seemed to clear up GPS issues I was having at the time.

Did this now, I'll try to do the same course soon, but I'm pessimistic that the behaviour will change :o

Michael

GABRIEL_LEE
09-15-2009, 07:33 AM
try doing a hard reset, holding down the mode button when you 'power on', seems to have worked a little for me, better than the first time after my 2.60 update! :)

PUFFOLINO
09-15-2009, 12:52 PM
try doing a hard reset, holding down the mode button when you 'power on', seems to have worked a little for me, better than the first time after my 2.60 update! :)

Thanks for this tip, I will do some more runs before doing so, because I don't want to do the complete configuration once again (display settings etc.) :(