PDA

View Full Version : Trouble uploading new firmware, 310XT, from Mac

paulwhitby@btconnect.com
09-08-2009, 02:44 PM
I've recently had trouble both downloading activities from my Forerunner 310xt to my Mac, and uploading the new firmware update to v2.6. I seem to have solved the download problem by completely deleting the library files and garmin connect application and re-installing from scratch, and resetting my 310xt (losing the activities for the past 2 weeks). It's now uploading ok, but fails to download the update. It loses connection to the GPS during the "LOADING" stage, and the GPS then reboots, starting the whole process over again.

Help ?

Paul

D2000G
09-08-2009, 04:34 PM
There are a number of posts in other forums on this same issue - failure to update firmware on a Mac with same problem as you have described, but none resolved. Garmin are apparently working on a solution, but nothing yet.

RAYBAU
09-28-2009, 04:44 AM
Does anybody know if there is a fix for this issue yet? I'm getting the same thing - most recent ANT and Communicator plug-ins, trying to upload 2.6 to my 310XT. Running Snow Leopard.

KAFOLSKE
09-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Does anybody know if there is a fix for this issue yet? I'm getting the same thing - most recent ANT and Communicator plug-ins, trying to upload 2.6 to my 310XT. Running Snow Leopard.

There seem to be quite a few software incompatibilities in Snow Leopard right now.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3258

SATHOMASGA
05-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Not just a Snow Leopard issue. Same problem on Leopard on a PPC iBook G4. Garmin sure is incompetent at Mac software.

Debating whether to return my 310XT. If I can't update the firmware, it's a dead product.

MADEUPNAME
05-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Not just a Snow Leopard issue. Same problem on Leopard on a PPC iBook G4. Garmin sure is incompetent at Mac software.

Debating whether to return my 310XT. If I can't update the firmware, it's a dead product.

Firmware 2.7 will not upload to a Mac with PPC, only an Intel chip - I had this issue with my Wife's Mac and her 310.

The Firmware does say that it is PPC compatible but it isn't.... there is so much wrong with 2.7, 2.8 can't come soon enough and which may also fix the issue you are now having.

Next week would be a good week for Garmin to release a Firmware upgrade ;)

SATHOMASGA
05-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Firmware 2.7 will not upload to a Mac with PPC, only an Intel chip - I had this issue with my Wife's Mac and her 310.

The Firmware does say that it is PPC compatible but it isn't.... there is so much wrong with 2.7, 2.8 can't come soon enough and which may also fix the issue you are now having.

Next week would be a good week for Garmin to release a Firmware upgrade ;)

Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't gotten around to reading all the posts on this forum yet (brand new 310XT) so I wasn't aware of the freezing issue that *seems* to be more prevalent with 2.7. I'll count myself lucky that the upgrade didn't succeed, and I'll stick with 2.5.9 for the time being.

Stephen