PDA

View Full Version : Stopping Courses….

PAULSBELL
09-08-2009, 11:43 AM
I have a couple of courses stored in my 310, and when I run them I press start, and off we go no problems there. When I finish the course it usually beeps before I cross my ‘official’ finish line and when I cross the line, I press Stop, only it starts a new lap. I’ve tried running the course and not stopping it at the end, i.e let it do it itself and it looks like its stopped, but it hasn’t and it won’t let me upload the data, so I have to stop it again manually.

I then find I have extra empty laps because of this which you can delete in Training Centre but not in Garmin Connect?!

What am I supposed to do???:confused:

Cheers
Paul

SEILOGRAMP
09-08-2009, 12:00 PM
You definitely need to press stop to get it to stop. Even running a course. You'll get the message about VP complete, but that has no impact on your activity. I assume you are resetting the watch in between activities?

PAULSBELL
09-09-2009, 01:19 AM
When I've sometimes pressed stop, it has created a new lap (which annoyingly I can't delete in Garmin Connect) as the 310 though I'd finished a few feet before my 'official' finish line! Maybe I need to press stop then hold reset down?

I’m going to take it out at lunchtime in the carpark and do some tests, to solve it once and for all!
Cheers
Paul

ALAALA
09-09-2009, 04:21 AM
I haven't actually used courses on my 310, but on the 305, the fact that the VP is done (before me), has had no impact at all on the activity for me. I hit stop when I'm done. No extra laps etc.

SEILOGRAMP
09-09-2009, 05:12 AM
I haven't actually used courses on my 310, but on the 305, the fact that the VP is done (before me), has had no impact at all on the activity for me. I hit stop when I'm done. No extra laps etc.

Correct. It is identical on the 310.

PAULSBELL
09-09-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm even more confused now... I went out at lunch time made a little course and walked it about 6 times. I tried everything, VP on, VP off, beating the VP, letting the VP win. I could not get it to repeat my original problem!

My guess is perhaps I had not been resetting it properly? The only thing I didn’t test was doing a course that had my pre-determined lap points in (which the courses have, that I’m having trouble with) so will maybe try testing that another day…

SEILOGRAMP
09-09-2009, 09:18 AM
I'm even more confused now... I went out at lunch time made a little course and walked it about 6 times. I tried everything, VP on, VP off, beating the VP, letting the VP win. I could not get it to repeat my original problem!

So that's good, right? The problem is gone?

PAULSBELL
09-09-2009, 10:41 AM
The problem's totally gone now, the things died, completely locking up on the splash screen:mad: See seperate post in 'troubleshooting'

PAULSBELL
09-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Got my replacement 310 back, ran my usual course, it beeped as I neared the finish line displaying 'course complete' a couple of seconds later I hit the Stop button when I considered the course finished after I crossed my 'finish line'. It beeped but nothing happended... I held reset down, it wouldn't reset, I pressed stop again and this time it did display 'timer stopped' and then let me reset. What the hell am I doing wrong, why wouldn't it stop the first time???