PDA

View Full Version : Bad FIT-files

LIDVAR@LIDVAR.ORG
09-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Some activities (one race!) are archived as "Bad FIT-files" (vista), and seems to be unreadable for both GC and TC. (The problem might be due to a power-out before uploading.

Any ideas how to get GC or TC to read these files (or how to fix them ...)?

SEILOGRAMP
09-03-2009, 04:17 PM
The file inside the badfit folder has the date of the workout that continues to fail. This could mean it has become corrupt. Support may be able to recover data based on the info in the file. Not sure the end-user has this capability.

LIDVAR@LIDVAR.ORG
09-06-2009, 05:47 AM
Thanks - I'll try contacting support. Any ideas out there, what adress? (Europe, Norway - probably served by UK ...)

SEILOGRAMP
09-06-2009, 07:06 AM
Garmin support (http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us/support/supportcontact). Click the Europe - Consumer tab.

BCHICKS23
10-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Any solution to this, I have a bad fit files in garmin app data that is a pr I'd like to get to upload. Anyway to send this back in the queue to try upload again or a way to fix the file?

MTNSUMMIT
10-02-2009, 09:55 PM
I think you will find you are out of luck on the Badfit files - there is another thread covering this issue, and support says that file cannot be recovered.

BCHICKS23
10-15-2009, 11:26 PM
I've been getting bad fit files about twice a month. Since I do not constantly sync my watch, I forget what I did on certain days (that is why I purchased the watch) and do not know what to manually update. There should be some type of crc check or these files should be in xml so you can read the contents and fix the file. Anyone able to determine if the watch is corrupting the file, the transfer from the watch to the agent, or from the agent to the garminconnect servers?

NDURANCERIDER
10-16-2009, 08:27 AM
While Support may not be able to recover the files, you may still want to contact them anyway. Give them as much detail as you can about the activity in question so they can use it to determine issues that might need to be fixed.

April