PDA

View Full Version : Garmin 405

MCCARDLEM
01-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Can someone tell me how to "force" a data transfer. Just got the 405 a couple of weeks ago and when I got home it transfered data from my watch however the computer was not connected to the internet so my workout did not show up. Now that I am connected I would like to do the data transfer again.
Fat boy running.

SEILOGRAMP
01-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Since the ant agent has already captured your activity, it is sitting on your computer waiting for you to upload it. Go to your Garmin Connect dashboard and click upload.

CARRINGTONCYR
01-18-2011, 12:05 AM
With your watch near your computer, log into Garmin Connect. In the upper right hand corner of the screen you should see an Upload icon. Click this icon and it will redirect you to the manual upload screen, the ANT+ agent should link with your watch and ask you which activity you would like to load. If you have more than one device, ie multiple forerunners or other Garmin devices it will ask you which device to connect to.

Alternately you can go into the menu settings on the watch and under ANT+ there is an "enable force send" function ( I don't have my watch in front of me to describe it better). Enable this and the watch should begin transfering all activities that are not uploaded to Garmin Connect.

I've had the same problem, and the force send has always fixed it. Best of luck :)

SEILOGRAMP
01-18-2011, 02:27 AM
With your watch near your computer, log into Garmin Connect.

You really don't need your watch. The GAA has already pulled the data from the device. Until the data is uploaded it is stored in the "Pending Uploads" folder which is located at
Windows 7 or Vista - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GARMIN\Devices\Device ID