PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled Workouts

IRONKEV
08-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Along with many other issues i am having with my new watch, i have now lost my scheduled workouts, when i used to go to training there was a scheduled workouts section, but now there isnt, however my workouts are stored in the workouts section,

Anyone know what the issue is?

NDURANCERIDER
08-31-2009, 06:22 PM
Are you saying that your workouts are no longer on the calendar in Training Center?

Or the scheduled workouts are not appearing on your 310?

April

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
08-31-2009, 10:10 PM
There is an issue with scheduled workouts on the 310. If you send 1 scheduled workout, the option 'scheduled workouts' appears under training. You can then send more. Problem is that there is a limit to how many you can send, but unsure how many - I've never counted. I want to load my 12 week program of bikes and runs but can't.

If you send more than 1 scheduled workout, the workouts appear under 'Custom' but you do not get the 'Scheduld Workout' option.

Unsure yet if this has been fixed in 2.6 as I have yet to download and try. Have also asked for a bulk delete (delete all) of workouts on the 310 as deleting 1 by one is a painful sequence of numerous button presses.

IRONKEV
09-01-2009, 12:19 AM
The workouts are on my watch under workouts, they just are not scheduled. (but were, they have disappeared)

Also had a job getting them to appear on my watch, for some reason they wouldn't all appear, after much messing about i discovered that if i put a 1 in front of each workout then they will show on the watch

Go figure!

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
09-01-2009, 03:07 AM
No change with 2.6. Sending 1 on it's own (after deleting all workouts on the 310),and Scheduled appears. Send more and it disappears.

Maybe hte next firmware update will fix that. :(

IRONKEV
09-01-2009, 09:15 AM
how do you send 1 workout, i just press send to devie and assume that it syncs?

NDURANCERIDER
09-01-2009, 09:28 AM
PHILIPSHAMBROOK, I don't fully understand the issue. I am not having any problems having multiple scheduled workouts on my 310.

I sent a single scheduled workout along with an extra workout. The scheduled workout (for today) was shown just fine under Scheduled and both workouts under the Custom workout list.

I then scheduled another workout and did Send to My Device. Both scheduled workouts showed under Scheduled as well as all 3 under the Custom workout list.

I deleted all the workouts from the 310 and sent both scheduled workouts and a non scheduled again. The scheduled and non scheduled showed up fine.

Not saying you don't have a problem. I'm trying to understand the issue.

April

ASRID
09-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Along with many other issues i am having with my new watch, i have now lost my scheduled workouts, when i used to go to training there was a scheduled workouts section, but now there isnt, however my workouts are stored in the workouts section,

Anyone know what the issue is?

Would you tried sending the scheduled workouts yesterday, would you remember when were they scheduled for? Can you look at GTC and check how many schedules you were trying to send to the device?

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
09-01-2009, 10:37 AM
I send one workout, Scheduled appears. I sent the next 8 weeks worth of scheduled workouts, Scheduled disappeared but the workouts appeared under Custom

Sending about 35 workouts

Sending from WIndoze GTC under Parallels on a Mac with Snow leopard

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
09-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Sent 1 scheduled workout, then another, then another, then another 2. Each time Scheduled was available as an option. Sent the whole lot, around 35 workouts, and Scheduled disappeared as an option. Workouts appear under Custom bit nothing scheduled.

Workout file attached for your delight and edification. Process was as follows:

Delete all bar one scheduled workout, and all workouts form device.
Send 1 scheduled workout
Import workouts, delete all bar 2 (first one sent then added another)
Send 2 workouts
Import workouts, delete all bar 3 (2 sent plus one more)
Send 3 workouts
IMport workouts, deleta ll bar 5
Send 5 workouts - Scheduled still available after this send.
Import workouts
Send all
No Scheduled option

IRONKEV
09-01-2009, 11:54 AM
I have a 12 week marathon plan, about 4 workouts per week, i transfer to device and nothing shows under scheduled although it used to, But scrolling through the watch it used to only show about 5 days worth, in other words i couldn't scroll right through the 12 weeks of scheduled workouts.

But now, no scheduled workouts show at all, however the workouts are there (they just are not scheduled.)

Hope that makes more sense

NDURANCERIDER
09-01-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm curious where you got the workout file for the marathon workouts?

I tried sending Philip's workouts to my 310 and saw the same issue he did. I deleted all the workouts from the schedule except for the month of Sept and was able to send those to my 310 and they showed up ok under Scheduled.

I was able to send 36 workouts that I manually created (from a workout plan my trainer gave me) to my 310 without issues. So I'm not quite sure the difference.

April

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
09-01-2009, 02:02 PM
http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/news/article.asp?uan=3295

Try these

IRONKEV
09-02-2009, 12:06 AM
yeah i got them from runners world

www.runnersworld.co.uk/garmin

NDURANCERIDER
09-02-2009, 06:58 AM
I haven't had the time to systematically try to figure out what the problem is. But hopefully these details will help the Garmin Support folks!

In the meantime, you might try sending only the month of September for now and see if that at least gets you going for now while the problem is being worked on.

April

IRONKEV
09-02-2009, 10:42 AM
In the meantime, you might try sending only the month of September for now and see if that at least gets you going for now while the problem is being worked on.

April

Yeah but how do you send 1 month at a time, i thought the only option was to "send to device"

NDURANCERIDER
09-02-2009, 10:44 AM
What I did was import the workout file that Philip provided into Training Center. Then in Training Center, I deleted all the workouts from the calendar view that were scheduled other than in the month of September. Then I did Send to Device.

That worked for me with Philip's workouts. Not sure it will work for you, but something to try.

April

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
09-02-2009, 05:28 PM
That's essentially what I did, although I deleted from the list rather than the calendar.

More info. I've just been playing with the beta GTC for Mac. Now tells me how many workouts I can send. I had previously sent workouts from Windoze GTC, but the workouts sent from the Mac - same ones just trasnsferred into Mac GTC, did not overwrite the existing ones. The workouts were duplicated. The ANT Agent reported a communications failure but nothing else. I checked the workouts on the 310. That's when I found the duplication. Deleted all the workouts, resent and all is well.

Interestingly, Scheduled appeared as an option despite the bulk send. it seems quite clear that the Scheduled option disappears when too many workouts are sent.

The easiest thing to do would be to have the Workouts synchronise with GTC. Delete from the device ones not being sent so that the only ones on the device are those sent from GTC. Perhaps allow for additional ones to be sent up to the capacity of the 310, but delete unwanted ones from the device.

7RYDER
09-04-2009, 07:50 PM
There is another problem with scheduled workouts from GTC -- the 310 doesn't import the pace information properly. I have to go into the 310 and edit the pace in my workouts after transferring from GTC. I told support about it approx. 2 weeks ago and they said they were starting to get additional support calls about it and didn't have a fix yet.

ChrisG
Seattle, WA

IRONKEV
09-05-2009, 05:56 AM
i can also confrm that it doesnt download the pace settings correctly, and i still dont have any scheduled workouts:eek:

But frankly, not bothered this is a great device