PDA

View Full Version : Settings of the User Profile in the Training Center

PUFFOLINO
08-31-2009, 02:12 PM
When using the FR305, the HR zones and the speed zones where synchronized with the Training Center automatically for each sport type...
...what about the FR310? I haven't seen anything in the manual and I didn't find speed zones within the menu as well. Is it a must to set all values (in each sport type) on the FR310?

Thanks,
Michael

philipshambrook
08-31-2009, 10:19 PM
Speed zones are there - look under the bike activity, pace zones for the run.

Having had a 305 I only glanced at the manual and just carried on using Training Centre as usual with the 310. Admittedly I only use GTC for sending workloads mainly, but my profile data is stored there and is where I update it and send to the 310.

Saying that, I do like the ability to send the data from GC. That's even easier to update, edit and send.

Unlike many others, I have had few problems with either the 310, GC, GTC or ANT Agent running on a Mac or Windoze under Parallels on a Mac. Not to say everything is 100%, but I pretty happy so far. Hopefully, Garmin will get these bugs sorted out quickly. They certainly appear to be doing so.

PUFFOLINO
09-01-2009, 01:31 AM
Speed zones are there - look under the bike activity, pace zones for the run.

Thanks for the hint, but I must be blind - can't see the menu for this. Should it be in the "Settings" for each sport or in the "History" menu on the FR310?:confused:

The good news, the heart rate zones have been transmitted now from the TC to the FR:), I've done an update to 2.60 (not sure if this was a reason for that) and did some changes in the user profile (changed min and max values for the heart rate two times) before activating "Send to device"...
Not so fine, that this procedure needs 10 minutes each time, because the courses are also "updated" each time, would be nice to be able to be able to choose what kind of date will be transfered (trainings, courses, settings):rolleyes:

Michael