PDA

View Full Version : Firmware Bug with Footpod Speed Source

MARCLENNOX
08-30-2009, 10:23 AM
I've seen a few other threads that hint at a problem with the foot pod being used as the speed source and wanted to make sure I'm seeing the same problem.

I just purchased a 310xt after using a 405 for over a year. I had the 405 set to use the footpod as the speed source since this gives a more accurate instantaneous speed, however I still was able to post-process the GPS track data using SportTracks.

I setup my 310xt the same way (speed source = footpod) and did my first run with it. I was a little surprised to get back and find that it had only recorded 68 trackpoints on a 2 hour 15 minute long run. There were periods of time where a trackpoint was not recorded for over 30 minutes.

So I gather there is a bug with using the footpod as your speed source instead of GPS.

Has anyone reported this bug to Garmin yet?

ALAALA
08-30-2009, 12:28 PM
I've seen a few other threads that hint at a problem with the foot pod being used as the speed source and wanted to make sure I'm seeing the same problem.

Affirmative.

Has anyone reported this bug to Garmin yet?

It has already been confirmed here to be addressed in the next firmware upgrade.
https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=631