PDA

View Full Version : Footpad on Stair-stepper, Elliptical and Stair-Climber?

JULIEN321
10-24-2010, 12:30 PM
About once (or more depending on weather) a week I do cardio inside. I hate staying on any one machine too long (about 15 minutes) and bounce. Can I use the footpad on other cardio equipment besides the treadmill (mainly Stair-stepper, Elliptical and Stair-Climber)? If so will I get any meaningful info like cadence and/or distance? Also would/could this have any negative effect on calibration or measuring cadence outside (I use in conjunction to GPS)?

DW152
10-24-2010, 01:12 PM
This question gets asked a lot. The answer is generally no: the footpod only works meaningfully for running.

JULIEN321
10-25-2010, 07:28 AM
This question gets asked a lot. The answer is generally no: the footpod only works meaningfully for running.

I understand the data will not be meaningful but will it effect calibration? When I do indoor cardio I may run on the treadmill 6 miles or only 1 and then do other equipment. I just want to be sure that if I have the Footpad on it won't become out of calibration.

DW152
10-25-2010, 07:42 AM
The primary factors affecting calibration is how it is attached to your shoe and some of your stride mechanics. I don't understand how spending time on an elliptical would affect either of these when you return to running.