PDA

View Full Version : Cannot upload from PC to Garmin Connect...

TEXSAR32
08-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Ok - so I can xfer runs from my Forerunner to my PC but then get this message:

"Encountered an invalid Garmin Connect(tm) authorization key. You will need to repeat the Garmin Connect authorization process..."

I have no issues manually uploading data when on the Garmin Connect website from my Forerunner. Have already ensured that "Force Send" is set to "Yes"...

All software (Communicator Plug In/ANT Agent) is up to date and am running Mozilla Firefox. I have searched Garmin support and forums to no avail. Please help - am at a loss!!! lol...

-m

*edit*
To add - I am not using Training Center either...

NDURANCERIDER
08-28-2009, 12:25 PM
You will need to delete the GCAuthorizationKey.bin file in the GARMIN\Devices\[device_id] directory (see below for location of this directory).

When you do that, the next time you get data from your device, your browser should pop up asking you to log in to Garmin Connect.

April

This type of question comes up fairly frequently. When the ANT agent downloads copies of your activities from your fitness unit they are stored locally on your hard drive before sending to Garmin Connect and/or Garmin Training Center. Depending on your OS, these files can be found in the following locations:

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\GARMIN\Devices\[device_id]\History

Windows Vista:
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\GARMIN\Devices\[device ID]\History

Mac:
Macintosh HD/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Garmin/Devices/[device id]/History

Note: In the locations above, items in brackets "[ ]" would be replaced with your actual user name and device ID number. Recent versions of the ANT agent will store up to the previous month's worth of downloads before they start to be overwritten. On Windows computers, the application data folders are hidden by default and you will need to enable the viewing of hidden files in your folder options before you will be able to see these items.

How to show hidden folders in Vista (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=5&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwindowshelp.microsoft.com%2FWindo ws%2Fen-US%2Fhelp%2F27e9a81a-fac7-457f-896b-e0017a04a59f1033.mspx&ei=YbiWSsLYI5eltgfftYy_Dg&usg=AFQjCNEE8wxk9CauzM25bjjG5I1vlpmLww&sig2=-Itm4ns-KCHH8Ia_sYdTbQ)
How to show hidden folders in XP (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.microsoft.com%2Fwindowsxp%2Fu sing%2Fhelpandsupport%2Flearnmore%2Ftips%2Fhiddenf iles.mspx&ei=lbiWSo7RFuePtgfsq8G-Dg&usg=AFQjCNFQ-RT7D6WOalwtb3nWiIzGT159fA&sig2=GOrkI5OJuBZU2HV-ZW3Jmw)

History files will have the .tcx extension. For some units, the device also stores history in another location/file format. These files can be found in the "Activities" folder and will have the .fit extension.

TROUTY65
08-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Hi , can anyone confirm if there is still a problem with the website ??

I have spoken to Garmin support UK yesterday as i cannot get the garmin communicator to work on my vista laptop and am still awaiting a reply ?

But also everytime i go on to garmin connect webpage there is an announcement at the top of the page stating "Garmin Connect is experiencing errors related to the recent upgrades and increased traffic. The team is working to resolve these issues. We apologize for the inconvenience"

This has been going on for a few days now and i cannot upload any training !!

Any ideas when we will be able to upload again ? or is this just happening on my pc ?

thanks

paul

ARMYENGINEER51
09-14-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm having the same issue. Uploading to Training Center works fine, but I get that same error message when my 405 tries to upload to Garmin Connect. The mentioned file (GCAuthorizationKey.bin) does not exist on my system. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Oh, and before anyone asks, I have tried the following: complete uninstall of GTC & ANT agent and the USB drivers; complete reinstall of same. After device pairing, I never get an option of logging in to the site for the "authorization process". All it tells me is that it cannot open the browser (even though it is already open) and I click the yes to retry, but it doesn't.

You will need to delete the GCAuthorizationKey.bin file in the GARMIN\Devices\[device_id] directory (see below for location of this directory).

When you do that, the next time you get data from your device, your browser should pop up asking you to log in to Garmin Connect.

April

NDURANCERIDER
09-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Do you have a firewall or virus program restricting access? Which operating system are you using?

April

ARMYENGINEER51
09-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Success!

Great idea about the firewall and virus program, so I put it to the test.

Just to make sure I had a "clean" install, I used Revo Uninstaller to remove GTC and the USB drivers. I then restarted my system, disabled my antivirus, firewall, and Windows Defender, then ran the install program as an administrator. I think that last part of it was key also.

I didn't have any new data to send, but I used the Force Send option and it opened the browser as it should and I got:

Congratulations, you successfully authorized your ANT Agent with Garmin Connect!

I'll have to rack up an activity to test it out for sure since all my data was already uploaded, but I think we're there. Thanks for your help!!

BTW, this was in Vista.

NDURANCERIDER
09-15-2009, 06:21 PM
Great! I'm glad you got it figured out!

April

RAUDINO@OVI.COM
12-11-2011, 04:01 PM
I have been trying to download for a few days I have tried all the above on the forum and can't find anything that works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled up dated forced download and nothing is making the run I have down appear on the web page. Can some one help? I did continue to get a message that requested GC credentials but it would not accept them.

RAUDINO@OVI.COM
12-12-2011, 06:46 AM

April

If you have done this, reinstalled, repaired, forced send, rung garmin help, changed browsers, and it still won't work what do you do???

OVERTRIK
04-21-2013, 10:25 AM
I shut off my Internet Security and it now works.