PDA

View Full Version : Icon for swimming

BOKR71
08-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Hi,

I know this is a really small thing, but here goes...

My wife just got the 310XT and is starting to use the different modes. She has set up the "Running" mode, and one of the "Bike" modes. Now she would also like a "Swimming" mode, and it looks like the easiest is to use the "Other" mode. That of course will work fine, but the icon is the skiing dude. Is this changeable? Also, how do I change the name of the mode?

Thanks in advance,

Bo

KANSAIBEN
08-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Afraid that the icon isn't changeable nor is the "other" title at the moment.

BOKR71
08-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi,

How do we as users request functionality? I mean it can't be a big deal to at least allow us to change the name of the "Other" mode! We can change the "Bike" to the name of the bike, and the icon shouldn't be a big deal either.

Bo

ANDERS.ROSSEL
08-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi,

I got not really much to say to help but I just wanna say that I agree. It is a bit stupid not being able to change the Other mode, but only the Bike mode (at least the name...)

Anders

NDURANCERIDER
08-27-2009, 01:59 PM
To request this functionality be added to the 310xt, please contact Garmin Support (http://www.garmin.com/support) directly.

April

DW152
08-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Hi,

I know this is a really small thing, but here goes...

My wife just got the 310XT and is starting to use the different modes. She has set up the "Running" mode, and one of the "Bike" modes. Now she would also like a "Swimming" mode, and it looks like the easiest is to use the "Other" mode. That of course will work fine, but the icon is the skiing dude. Is this changeable? Also, how do I change the name of the mode?

I agree -- it was good that they made the 310 waterproof, but a little sad that they didn't add a swimming mode or activity type.

But here's a way of changing at least the name of the mode:

https://forums.garmin.com/showpost.php?p=4692&postcount=4

philipshambrook
08-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Only applies to Bike1, Bike2, Bike3

BIELINSK
08-27-2009, 06:11 PM
To request this functionality be added to the 310xt, please contact Garmin Support (http://www.garmin.com/support) directly.

April

I would request some type of forum. Have you ever tried to reach Garmin support? Last call I was on hold 35 mins before I spoke to someone.

Theses forums are sponsored by Garmin, yet we need to call them to request functionality?

The 310xt is billed as the triathlete watch, and is waterproof, but doesn't have a swimming icon? This device was rushed to production. I regret buying the watch as it does not live up to its claims.

KANSAIBEN
08-27-2009, 07:49 PM
The 310xt is billed as the triathlete watch, and is waterproof, but doesn't have a swimming icon? This device was rushed to production. I regret buying the watch as it does not live up to its claims.

The "other" sport has always been represented as a skier in the FR series. Have no idea why as that seems a strange choice. That said, don't see how this indicates a rush to production nor do I see how an icon effects your using this unit for swimming, or for whatever "other" sport you choose. Sure, being able to customize this section might be doable, but really "other" pretty much handles anything other than running or biking, so it's really just a minor thing. Not everyone is using other for swimming, nor is everyone who buys one a triathlete. I happen to be one and can honestly say, while there are indeed some complications involved in recording swimming activities, the icon does not impair my ability to use this unit as such in any way whatsoever. Still, if it's a major cause of purchase regret should be easy enough to return or unload on ebay. :confused: