PDA

View Full Version : Does the DuoTrap Digital Speed/Cadence Sensor work with the Edge 500

SOFTWAREDEVELOPER99
10-13-2010, 06:15 PM
i am considering the DuoTrap Digital Speed/Cadence Sensor for a Madone - does this work with the Garmin Edge 500 as they are both Ant compatible

GERRYCAN
10-13-2010, 08:13 PM
I did a google search for "Bontrager Duotrap and Garmin Edge 500"

I found multiple forum entries where people said that they were pairing them successfully.

The following is a quote from a customer's product review for the Edge 500 at amazon.com.

The Garmin Edge 500 is just what I expected it to be. I think it was the most anticipated GPS/cycle computer from Garmin. It's small and pretty does the all the things (and some more) that you expect a cycle computer to do. To begin with the size of the computer was a little larger that what I expected it to be, but having said that, it fits perfectly fine on my handle bar stem and note I have a short stem (80 mm). I did my first ride with it a while ago and it was pretty much ready to go from the box it arrived it in. It did not have any difficulties acquiring sattelites, and easily paired with the Garmin Heart Rate monitor and the Bontrager Duotrap cadence/speed sensor. Did not see any drops in signal during my ride, something that I would see with the previous Garmin that I had. You have three screens which you can 8 fields of data per screen. So you can monitor 24 data sets real time during your ride. There are far more options than I can list here, just to keep it short it's a plenty.

JPANZER
11-08-2010, 06:54 PM
used the Duotrap with my Edge 500 for the first time this weekend. It picked up the cadence fine but my distance/speed was definitely not accurate. Seems like it was getting distance/speed from GPS rather than the Duotrap. The GPS around NYC is often quite spotty. Wondering if anyone else has experienced accurate cadence with innacurate distance/speed.