PDA

View Full Version : 110 will not upload or be recognized by Garmin Connect

ZSWILSON
10-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Hi,

I hope this is the right place for this post. I am sure it is a duplicate question, but I couldn't find an answer so far on the forums. Just looking for a little help. Thanks.

Just received a Forerunner 110 as a gift. Made up a Garmin Connect account, Registered my device @ Garmin.com, did a test lap around the block, plugged in with the USB, clicked upload and nothing happened, just a blank screen under 'Upload'. As if it is not even being recognized.

So...went to the Help FAQ, updated the Garmin Communicator Plugin. The test page said it is good to go, clicked upload and again nothing.

Can't figure what else could be the problem. The device is properly connected via USB as it shows up as a drive on my computer, displaying "GARMIN" on its screen. Works fine when unplugged. Tried with both Firefox and IE, same result.

Any ideas??

Thanks for your help.
zach.

LAURASIBSON
10-10-2010, 01:48 PM
No answer here, just echoing Zach's experience.

I've been using the Garmin 110 for several months and today is the first day that it isn't recognized on the site. Like Zach, I sign in and hit the Upload key but all I see is a blank screen, despite the fact that the Garmin is plugged into the USB and appears on my desktop.

I've tried signing out, removing the Garmin, plugging it in to a new USB port, all to no avail.

Would love a solution.

ZSWILSON
10-12-2010, 08:18 AM
Found the issue being discussed in the troubleshooting thread:

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=12920

Apparently it is not working for people who have other devices as well. My problem is the same as the OP of this thread. Will try clearing cache, and see if that works.

SYCORREALE
10-12-2010, 07:29 PM
I, too, am having the same problem! Ugh.:mad: This is not the first time I've had issues uploading.

IHL3_1
11-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Hi,

I am having the same problem. My PC doesn't recognise my Forerunner 110. Tried it on another PC - same thing. I've installed the up-to-date USB driver, so I don't really understand what's going on. Any suggestions from anyone who's had the same issue.

Thanks

KOBOHYRO
11-15-2010, 05:27 AM
Has anybody found a solution to this problem???

i have always been able to upload from my forerunner 110 and suddenly the device is no longer recognised!!!
What do i need to do???

SKLARKER
03-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Hi, I've had the same problem. My Win7 pc suddenly stopped recognising my 110 although it could see my external HD and flash key no bother. Tried numerous things, rebooting, inserting and ejecting devices, etc without joy then did the following and it sorted it:
1. Goto Device Manager
2. For all 'Generic USB Hubs' listed:
- Right click and Scan for Hardware Changes
- Goto Properties - Power tab - refresh List

ZENKAI76
08-17-2012, 07:14 AM
I too was having problem connection my device to 3 different computers, one of which I had used before. The solution is make sure you have a USB cable that has a Ferrite Bead on it, your original Garmin cable came with one so if you can't find it you must purchase one somewhere, doesn't matter where as long as it has a Ferrite Bead. After trying multiple cables without the Ferrite that wouldn't work I used one with it and BOOM worked perfectly

These Garmin products must be really sensitive to noise.

KARLFREDERICK
11-01-2012, 05:17 PM
same problem here!! Very disappointed with this . Even tried to connect it to another computer and no go. I am using the original usb cable that came with the unit.

ACESYMM
11-01-2012, 05:33 PM
There seems to be two different problems expressed in this thread, one if the computer not connecting with the device and a blank screen when you click "Upload" in Garmin Connect. These two issues are not related.

Computer connections:
Connecting a USB mass storage device to your computer should result in a drive being connected. If this is not happeneing then thereis a potential connection issue; e.g. cable, usb port or driver, or the device itself. Trying a different cable would not be an option with 110/210 as these are specialized charging/data clips. You can double check the contacts, use rubbing alcohol and cotton swab to clean them. Try different cables/USB ports etc. For the 110/210 you can "boot block" it. Connect, Press and hold Light and "Start/Stop" until screen goes blank then let go of Light, keep holding "start/stop" until it connects a drive.

GC Upload issues.
If you click on "Upload" in Garmin Connect you should get a screen indicating if a device is connected no matter what the status of the connection of your device is. If you see a blank screen then it is a Communicator Plugin issue or a security setting on your browser. Usually FireFox or Google Chrome work better on the site but using the "Compatibility Mode" or adding garmin to trusted sites sometimes works too. also, try clearing browser cache.

MITCH525
03-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Hi,

I hope this is the right place for this post. I am sure it is a duplicate question, but I couldn't find an answer so far on the forums. Just looking for a little help. Thanks.

Just received a Forerunner 110 as a gift. Made up a Garmin Connect account, Registered my device @ Garmin.com, did a test lap around the block, plugged in with the USB, clicked upload and nothing happened, just a blank screen under 'Upload'. As if it is not even being recognized.

So...went to the Help FAQ, updated the Garmin Communicator Plugin. The test page said it is good to go, clicked upload and again nothing.

Can't figure what else could be the problem. The device is properly connected via USB as it shows up as a drive on my computer, displaying "GARMIN" on its screen. Works fine when unplugged. Tried with both Firefox and IE, same result.

Any ideas??

Thanks for your help.
zach.

I have just bought a Garmin Forerunner 110. I just spent the past hour trying to get my PC to recognise the device. It was not showing up in My Computer and Garmin Connect did not find it. SOLUTION: After various attempts at software and drivers etc, in the end the solution was to change the USB port to a "Main" port on my laptop. The laptop has 4 USB ports. The two at the back are "Main" ports and the two at the side are not. (Some can charge a device, some cannot). By plugging into the main USB port it found the watch immediately. Hope this helps someone.

HARRIER1231
06-27-2013, 01:25 AM
I never post on these things, but had to on this one. This actually worked. I have six usb ports. I just started trying different ones with a decent wait on each. Finally, the fourth one I tried work. No idea. I wonder if this has affected other USB devices I've had trouble with...

Thanks!

I have just bought a Garmin Forerunner 110. I just spent the past hour trying to get my PC to recognise the device. It was not showing up in My Computer and Garmin Connect did not find it. SOLUTION: After various attempts at software and drivers etc, in the end the solution was to change the USB port to a "Main" port on my laptop. The laptop has 4 USB ports. The two at the back are "Main" ports and the two at the side are not. (Some can charge a device, some cannot). By plugging into the main USB port it found the watch immediately. Hope this helps someone.

APACHEDEVIL@GMAIL.COM
08-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Computer connections:
"You can double check the contacts, use rubbing alcohol and cotton swab to clean them. Try different cables/USB ports etc."

Thank you!!! Fixed it immediately, computer recognized my 110 right after I cleaned the contacts.

SALLYSATNAV01
08-12-2013, 04:20 PM
I am have just started having the same problem with my 910XT. have tried all the things I can see on the forum from soft resets to deleting setup files to rebooting PC. 910XT says transferring data. Ant agent shows download and when it get to 100% it says download failed and starts again. Its been doing it for an hour now!

Any inspired suggestions?

SHAHZADARIF
08-13-2013, 01:37 AM
I've had the same problem with my F70. To correct this, yes you can reinstall ant agent and pair again, but make sure that you always UNCHECK box on device settings (right click garmin ant agent icon) to auto-erase. If you do that, then the information has gone from the watch. However, you can locate it on a Winows 7 computer via AppData under User (go to Garmin and locate device etc.). However, Windows 8 is a problem as I tried searching and could find the Garmin folder but no device or device history.