PDA

View Full Version : Sunset and Sunrise

WIM.WENNEKES@WANADOO.NL
08-27-2009, 09:02 AM
According to the user manual in my new 310 XT datafields are available for Sunset and Sunrise. However, these fields do no show in the list when selecting datafields.

What do I do wrong/

LISAFOX16
08-27-2009, 09:07 AM
No these two fields are not available in the 310.

I would imagine the manual will be ammended at some stage.

PUFFOLINO
08-27-2009, 05:38 PM
No these two fields are not available in the 310.

I would imagine the manual will be ammended at some stage.

I would wish that the Forerunner firmware will be amended, but I wouldn't expect that;)

Michael

NDURANCERIDER
08-28-2009, 12:31 PM
If you want this in the 310, send a note to Garmin Support (http://www.garmin.com/support). If enough people ask for it, maybe it will get added? Can't hurt to ask.

April

PUFFOLINO
08-29-2009, 04:44 PM
If you want this in the 310, send a note to Garmin Support (http://www.garmin.com/support). If enough people ask for it, maybe it will get added? Can't hurt to ask.

April

That really doesn't hurt, but the pain will start after that:mad:

I had all generations of Forerunner devices and also contacted the "support" from time to time, but nearly no bug has bin fixed nor any idea has been implemented...
...and sometimes the "last famous words" of the support are something like "now we are able to reproduce the problem, the fix will be implemented soon" - of course nothing of that will really happen the next years.

Don't understand me wrong, Garmin is an innovative company and makes some fine equipment (that's why 7 of all 10 GPS products I've bought so far are from Garmin, and they are not very cheap in europe)...
But most of the software (e.g.Training Center) and firmware (Forerunner, Oregon etc.) shows some brilliant ideas and catastrophic bugs next to each other.

And I did report such things to the support, for example crashes of the TC have been reported for years (!) and also ideas (week starts on monday in "some" countries, what about monthly reports etc.).
And - the wishes for implementing mising data fields (including the "time-last lap" field which was available on the FR305) have been sent to the Garmin support two weeks ago. Any answer so far? None! :mad: So that is maybe also a reason why I wrote the sarcastic message;)

Michael