PDA

View Full Version : 305 vs. 310

MHANS11
09-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Ok, enough searching and reading already.

I just received the 305 as a gift. I'm considering returning and putting the extra money out for the 310, but with everything I'm reading on here I'm starting to reconsider.

DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY LIKE THE 310?!! It seems as though its all problems and glitches. I know most internet forums are this way, but there is a lot of uneducated crying in here.

Have the new updates fixed most of the issues or created new ones?

So, would you take the free 305 and go, or pay half price for the 310 (I was already prepared to buy the 310)??

I like the added features of the 310, but am concerned about the technical difficulties.

DW152
09-11-2010, 12:45 PM
There are several threads here on the forums comparing the 305 vs the 310, and take into account the fact that the 305 is roughly half the price of the 310. Have you read those?

To answer your specific question -- yes, most of the bugs have been worked out of the 310 by now. It's come a long way. But it's not flawless. I don't know if Garmin is going to release any more firmware updates or if they have moved on to their new products.

I'm happy with my 310 now. I had to exchange my first one about a year ago because I had the problem that it wouldn't keep clock time while it was off, and I had one badfit file last November, but since then it's worked fine. Having said that, I don't use every single feature, so YMMV.

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
09-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Ok, enough searching and reading already.

I just received the 305 as a gift. I'm considering returning and putting the extra money out for the 310, but with everything I'm reading on here I'm starting to reconsider.

DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY LIKE THE 310?!! It seems as though its all problems and glitches. I know most internet forums are this way, but there is a lot of uneducated crying in here.

Have the new updates fixed most of the issues or created new ones?

So, would you take the free 305 and go, or pay half price for the 310 (I was already prepared to buy the 310)??

I like the added features of the 310, but am concerned about the technical difficulties.

When used properly it works fine. We're more than happy with our 2 and have no regrets moving to the 310 from the 305.

VIR70ELI72
09-17-2010, 09:32 PM
I love my 310. It did have a few bugs at first but it seems they have all been worked out. I had the 305 and really liked it as well. Only reason I sold my 305 on ebay and bought a 310 was for the longer batter life and vibrating notifications.

If money is no issue and you want a 310, go for it. I don't think you will be sorry. If you don't want to spend the $$, then stay with your 305, I don't think you will be sorry there either.