PDA

View Full Version : Recovery rate and Average HR graphs

BYRONA22
08-25-2009, 03:35 AM
I'm very new to Garmin... Two questions..

Is it possible to view recovery rates for sessions/laps? As in view the rate at which you HR decreases?

If thats not making sense, i want to do a hard work out and then measure the rate at which my HR drops. Then do the same workout a week later, where my peak HR may vary, but ideally the recovery slope would be steeper - i.e. I recover faster.

You can view the average HR's for the laps in your session by looking at the "Totals" section... However I cant select these values?!?? I want to be able to graph the average values, is that not possible? I am surprised i can't find a way to do it in Garmin, but i can't even copy and paste into Excel.... :-(

Any help be much appreciated! :-)

SEILOGRAMP
08-25-2009, 05:01 AM
Is it possible to view recovery rates for sessions/laps? As in view the rate at which you HR decreases?

Sounds like you're used to Polar. Unfortunately the Garmin fitness devices do not currently have that feature. I believe it could be added in a future update if enough users request it.

You can view the average HR's for the laps in your session by looking at the "Totals" section... However I cant select these values?!?? I want to be able to graph the average values

Is this in Garmin Connect or Training Center? In GC go to the splits tab. You can copy and paste that text or expert as a csv file if you want to graph the data in Excel, for example. Training Center is a bit more limited.

NDURANCERIDER
08-25-2009, 05:31 AM
Interesting. A new data field that constantly evaluates the slope (grade) of your HR. I like it.

If you are using Windows Training Center, you can compare HR graphs from 2 different activities. Just select one, right click and choose compare. Then choose the second activity from the list presented.

April

BYRONA22
09-02-2009, 12:47 AM
haha, no, never used Polar. Just a feature i would like to have. Fitness is easy to define by recovery rate... So figured that would be good to know.

Also, i was refering to Training center, i'm in NZ and garmin connect isn't really useable as it's quite slow. Not impossible to use though so until the training center has the capapability I will use that to export particular workouts to csv. :-) thanks for letting me know about that!!

Also thanks for that tip on "compare" didn't know it had that ability. :-) Not really sure thats going to be great to use though.... If two sessions are a few minutes out then it becomes a bit of a mess of squiggles on the screen... haha.

Help was appreciated!! :-)

Now convince the developers to add the "evaluate slope" function to training center.....

SEILOGRAMP
09-05-2009, 07:48 AM
haha, no, never used Polar. Just a feature i would like to have. Fitness is easy to define by recovery rate... So figured that would be good to know.

Funny thing is yesterday I noticed after I finished my run on the screen it said "recovery rate 112 bpm." This is the 2nd activity with the new firmware installed on the 310xt.