PDA

View Full Version : Forerunner 110 Blank Screen (Dead)

DDIVINS1
07-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Hello,

I had my 110 for over a month now. I've set-up and used Garmin Connect many time during that period. Today I finished a bike ride and tried to connect to my PC with the USB and the watch went blank (dead). It has been working with no problems for about a month. Please help.

Thanks

BBECKER39
07-28-2010, 07:03 AM
First connect the unit to the charging/data clip. Then press and hold the light key for about 6 seconds. If this does not revive your device you should contact Garmin Support (http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us/support/supportcontact).

R.T.EVERETT
08-16-2010, 11:41 AM
I had the same problem with my forerrunner 110 at about the same time. I've had mine for six weeks now and after my run (13 miles) it went blank when I plugged it in to the computer today. This solution worked, and I still have all my data, but is this going to be a common problem for the 110's?

jkjdcj
10-27-2011, 10:07 PM
I plugged in the device and held the light button for 7 seconds... still not working.

BHOSTY
11-07-2011, 06:35 AM
I plugged in the device and held the light button for 7 seconds... still not working.

I had a similar problem after just two weeks with the watch (fr 110 went blank after connecting to pc) and very nearly sent the watch back, but then read elsewhere that to reset you press all 4 buttons at the same time. Even this didnt work initially, but after a few goes (cant remember the exact order of keys pressed, but holding all 4 pressed in) the watch came back on - and it didnt lose my data either.

Hasnt happened since.

BHOSTY
11-11-2011, 08:36 AM
I had a similar problem after just two weeks with the watch (fr 110 went blank after connecting to pc) and very nearly sent the watch back, but then read elsewhere that to reset you press all 4 buttons at the same time. Even this didnt work initially, but after a few goes (cant remember the exact order of keys pressed, but holding all 4 pressed in) the watch came back on - and it didnt lose my data either.

Hasnt happened since.

Update - I just connected my 110 to my computer and after showing 'saving activity' for a few seconds the screen went completely off and nothing would bring it back. Even my own previous suggestion of holding all 4 buttons down had no effect, until I managed to press all 4 at pretty much exactly the same time. The watch is back on and no history has been lost.

evanjones85
12-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Just had the same problem, plugged the watch back in and then held the light button for 6 seconds as soon as i released the button the watch came back on. Definatley worth another try.........

CUZAMACUZ
12-22-2011, 11:18 PM
I plugged my less than two month old unit into my desktop computer, heard a beep and saw Garmin flash up on the face of the watch for a moment, before it went completely blank. No amount of holding the light button/lap button/both in conjunction would bring it back. :mad: Finally unplugged USB from back of computer and plugged it in through my keyboard instead. Now it's charging again, good as new.

LONARDDD
02-21-2012, 06:30 AM
I bought the 110 2 weeks ago. I used it 7 times. Today I wear it, noticed it was on in Power Save mode. Shutdown it. Pressed light for 3 second to turn it on...DEAD! Then I put the charging clip on and connect to my Laptop...DEAD. Then I try to connect it to another Laptop..still DEAD. Then I connect the clip to the Charger...still DEAD. Then I went to the Forum and read all this long lists of troubles...and I realized this is just another ***** ****. :mad:

LONARDDD
02-23-2012, 07:39 AM
I saw you got rid of the comment MR: BBECKER39. Good that proves there is someone behind this. Do you also have a technical suggestion about how to my resuscitate the FR 110 ? Thanks in advance for your time:D

BBECKER39
02-23-2012, 12:45 PM
I only removed your inappropriate language.

The only suggestion I can make is to attach the watch to hold the power button for 7-10 seconds, and then attach the device to the power clip. Try this 2 or 3 times. If that does not recover the unit, you will need to contact Garmin Support (http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us/support/supportcontact).

CLAGGMAN
03-15-2012, 07:47 AM
I bought the 110 2 weeks ago. I used it 7 times. Today I wear it, noticed it was on in Power Save mode. Shutdown it. Pressed light for 3 second to turn it on...DEAD! Then I put the charging clip on and connect to my Laptop...DEAD. Then I try to connect it to another Laptop..still DEAD. Then I connect the clip to the Charger...still DEAD. Then I went to the Forum and read all this long lists of troubles...and I realized this is just another ***** ****. :mad:

Mine went dead today...Only had it for 7 weeks....No amount of button holding/pushing helps...still a black screen...Dont think its charging up either:mad:

NCMACK62
03-19-2012, 03:54 AM
Had the same issue plugged 110 into my Mac and then heard a beep then the 110 went blank. Coulnt turn on or charge. Tried pushing one button then two buttons. The one that worked was all four at the same time and up she . No data lost (see how goes). Good luck to us all.........

SCAJANE
03-19-2012, 01:59 PM
I have had my Garmin FR110 since Xmas, but today while charging (it has been fine up until then) the watch went blank & I cannot upload to the pc.

I have tried holding all four buttons down at the same time, but nothing seems to bring it back to life.

Any ideas?

CB45ACP
03-19-2012, 08:08 PM
I am having similar issues with the FR 110....The battery charge in the upper lefthand corner shows 1/4 charge left in battery. When I hooked up the charger the screen went completely black. I tried pushing all four buttons until I finally got the screen to come back up.....no data lost.....but when I tried to charge again it shows battery charge full and shuts off again?? I am assuming that it shouldnt be charged unless the battery is completely drained?

Have charged several times in the past with no issues..........CB

RUNUNCLEBUCK
03-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Same problem for me.

Ive had the watch one weeke today, finished a ride, went to upload it to garminconnect.com and ended up w/ a blank screen and an expensive watch shaped paper weight. I have spoke with a few other Gramin owners, I dont think I'm the first to have this problem.

Thanks to all who suggested fixes, however none of the above suggestions do not work.

robotics4
04-09-2012, 04:04 AM
Since September 2011 I had 3 (three !!!) forerunner 110. Every 4 to 6 weeks, the screen went blank, no combination of buttons brought it back to life! 2 weeks ago, I got a forerunner 210 instead from my dealer, but you know what:
Yesterday, after a 15 km run, the screen went dead when I plugged in my computer! Until now, 12 hours later, I could not bring it back to life!
I am angry now!

robotics4
04-09-2012, 04:13 AM
Update: I just tried a last thing:
Pushing power button for 10 secons while the clip was on the watch, but it was not plugged in the computer. Then, still holding the powerbutton, I plugged into USB and released the button, the watch is on now!

AONCAMEL
05-06-2012, 04:52 AM
Hi, I had the same problem as you guys and none of the tips worked. So, even though the battery was almost full, I charged my forerunner overnight and the next morning it was fine. It did flash some strange things up on the screen but I just ignored them.

leightonbd
05-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Exact same issue here. Grateful thanks for this forum and thread. Holding the four buttons down worked for me - seemed to be the equivalent of a reset/ reboot.

grizzlypaul
06-06-2012, 09:20 AM
My 110 failed with a dead screen for the second time in 5 months - not pleased. The first time I waited for 2-3 days and then it "magically" started recharging. This time I read the thread, held the light button for a long timre, and it started recharging. A much quicker solution but a very pooor problem with the device itself - Garmin should try to prevent this happening.

mboyle318
08-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Just went to charge my FR 110 in prep for a long run tomorrow morning and same thing happened to me... screen went blank. Nothing I do works. I've tried holding down all buttons, holding the light button down, connecting to charger as well as laptop... still blank. I have had it 7 months. Very frustrating!

gallars
08-10-2012, 05:11 AM
I plugged my less than two month old unit into my desktop computer, heard a beep and saw Garmin flash up on the face of the watch for a moment, before it went completely blank. No amount of holding the light button/lap button/both in conjunction would bring it back. :mad: Finally unplugged USB from back of computer and plugged it in through my keyboard instead. Now it's charging again, good as new.

I just followed this advice and unplugged from my computer and attached to power, no joy, attached to my laptop and away she fired and started charging!!
I held every button, pressed every combination of button, nothing, then changed power source and success... go figure!!

bjornrasm
08-12-2012, 06:32 AM
Pushing power button for 10 secons while the clip was on the watch, but it was not plugged in the computer. Then, still holding the powerbutton, I plugged into USB and released the button, the watch is on now!

This worked for me too! Thanks ROBOTICS4 :D I tried holding down the light-switch without luck. Holding down all four buttons didn't help either.

When I attached my watch to my laptop, Windows wasn't able to recognize it as a known device. I thought the clip wasn't properly attached to the watch. At that moment, the charging indicator was up and I had access to the files on it. While messing with the clip, I lost contact to the files and the indicator disappeared. Eventually the display went blank.

Still I got error-messages while trying to connect the USB cable. Both Windows and Linux was unable to enumerate the USB device.

My watch is about half a year old.

I'm very glad I found this thread :-)

SHE-BEAR29
10-03-2012, 07:21 AM
Just went to charge my FR 110 in prep for a long run tomorrow morning and same thing happened to me... screen went blank. Nothing I do works. I've tried holding down all buttons, holding the light button down, connecting to charger as well as laptop... still blank. I have had it 7 months. Very frustrating!

I had this issue after 2 months and was so annoyed the shop just swapped it out. The second watch has just done the same thing so I decided to hold for Garmin Support. They said to hold down the Start/Stop, Light and Lap/Reset buttons for up to 30 seconds. The watch should beep, then you can let go. I had to do it twice, but it worked. Then just attach to the PC as normal, nothing lost. I still have issues with the device not being found and I have to fiddle with the connections, but hey-ho, nothing's perfect!

BJMERTZ12
10-25-2012, 06:46 AM
Thanks, I overcharged my battery on accident and this solution worked perfectly!

First connect the unit to the charging/data clip. Then press and hold the light key for about 6 seconds. If this does not revive your device you should contact Garmin Support (http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us/support/supportcontact).

NORTEXOID
10-27-2012, 02:54 PM
I've had my Garmin for about 5 months and the same thing is happening to me pretty much every time I connect my watch to my Macbook. Sometimes holding down the light button for about 10 seconds (just to be safe) works, sometimes it takes a few attempts. This is awful, given how many people are reporting this issue! (And I'm sure many others having the issue but not reporting it.) We should file a class action law suit--just kidding. But honestly, this is a serious, widespread issue!

RANRANRANRAN
10-27-2012, 08:03 PM
well, add my comment in this (https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?13548-Forerunner-110-will-not-charge&p=151912#post151912) thread regarding the same thing. Not fun when my marathon is TOMORROW! :)

ROBZIK
11-02-2012, 09:42 PM
I bought a forerunner 110 and used it without difficulty for about a month. Then when I connected it one morning to download the screen just died and I could do nothing to revive it. Finally sent it back under warranty. While waiting for this to be dealt with I bought a replacement but this time with the heartmonitor. After three uses the display just died when connecting up to download this mornings run. No amount of pushing the light button for 6 seconds or all four buttons at once will revive it.

I have tried to charge it up to see if that is the problem. Nothing. The computer doesnt recognise that it is connected. I give up.

Any suggestions?

Is there any local agent who I can go to to get this fixed if it is a warranty issue. I cant believe two watches can just die like this in two months.

Rob

ROBZIK
11-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks for this. I tried it and after holding these three buttons for about 30 seconds and releasing the display came back on.

Why dont they tell you these suggestions in the materials supplied with the watch. I have already sent my first watch back with a warranty claim for the exact same problem not knowing some of these reset options were available.

Its obviously common problem and buyers should be made aware of it as part of good customer service.

Rob

TROTTINGTRUDI
11-17-2012, 07:56 AM
Thanks for this. I tried it and after holding these three buttons for about 30 seconds and releasing the display came back on.

Why dont they tell you these suggestions in the materials supplied with the watch. I have already sent my first watch back with a warranty claim for the exact same problem not knowing some of these reset options were available.

Its obviously common problem and buyers should be made aware of it as part of good customer service.

Rob

I have had continued problems with my 110 models- I am on my third in less than 12 months. I treated myself in January to the first & was thrilled with it, especially downloading & looking at the splits & maps. It was a great aid to my marathon training. Unfortunately the Manchester marathon-last Sunday in April was horrendous conditions-torrential rain & howling wind, & at 15 miles I noticed my Garmin was blank. I had fully charged it in the hotel the night before. The problem was obvious as it was fogged up with condensation inside the screen. It took several calls, long time on hold & a couple of e-mails before I spoke someone at Garmin, who apologised for my frustration at their poor response times, but said as it was marathon season they had a high volume of calls! I would assume people only contact them if there is a problem so that doesn't in itself give confidence! After being talked through the reset combinations nothing worked so they suggested I return it for a refurbished model. I was not happy with this as the unit was only 5 months old so contacted the retailer & thankfully they were extremely helpful & apologetic & replaced the unit for a new one under guarantee. My replacement went dead two weeks ago- (6 months old) -after I had downloaded it to Garmin connect all completely normally- it had charge in it- then 2 hours later went to go out for a run- blank screen dead. again rang Garmin- resets didn't work so again was told to return for a refurbished unit. As before I do not want a 'secondhand' replacement so contacted the retailer & again have a new replacement under the one year guarantee. I have had this 3rd unit for 10 days, returned from my run this morning, plugged in to download, it beeped & blank screen!! I have found this forum useful as thanks to all the suggesions & trying them all I have managed to get it to boot back up. I now have no confidence as to how long this will last & if it goes again may well be asking my so far brilliant retailer for a refund & try a different make, perhaps Nike? This is not a good advert for Garmin. I think they seriously need to review & revise this product as they are getting a bad reputation. I have spoken to several people who have all have similar issues apart from all these posts on this forum!!

Djarn_Nicholas
11-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Pushing power button for 10 secons while the clip was on the watch, but it was not plugged in the computer. Then, still holding the power button, I plugged into USB and released the button, the watch is on now!

I tried all the other methods, all 4 buttons at the same time, holding power ( light ) button in for 6-10 seconds etc, nothing worked until I tried this solution.

I clipped the clip on, then had the other side of the USB cable in one hand ready to plug it in, I held the light button in, counted slowly to 10, inserted the other end of the USB into the PC, but kept my finger on the light button the whole time, I counted to 10 slowly and just as I was about to release the button it came on, started charging :)

Just an observation, we all may be having what looks like the same problem but in reality, behind the scenes there may be different causes and there may be different solutions for different causes, so just try them all.

LEITCA
11-20-2012, 08:00 AM
I had this issue after 2 months and was so annoyed the shop just swapped it out. The second watch has just done the same thing so I decided to hold for Garmin Support. They said to hold down the Start/Stop, Light and Lap/Reset buttons for up to 30 seconds. The watch should beep, then you can let go. I had to do it twice, but it worked. Then just attach to the PC as normal, nothing lost. I still have issues with the device not being found and I have to fiddle with the connections, but hey-ho, nothing's perfect!

I tried all the other options suggested in previous threads but this is the one that finally solved the problem for me! Many thanks.

JKLOCKOW
11-22-2012, 02:14 PM
This is clearly a widespread problem. Seems every time now that I plug my 110 into the USB port on my computer, the screen indicates that it's saving activity, then goes blank and can't be immediately revived, no matter what buttons or combinations of buttons are held for any length of time. At some point later, I try again and holding the light button down or the light and the lap/reset button down revives it and the history is saved, but honestly, this is a pretty bad experience.

antonio.pereira
12-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Hi, same problem happened to me connecting 110 to USB cable and it went dead.
I've tried several things and finaly all 4 keys worked.

bad problem widespread... please GARMIN fix this with firmware update or just do something because this is really bad reputation.

LMORUNNER
12-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Hi, same problem happened to me connecting 110 to USB cable and it went dead.
I've tried several things and finaly all 4 keys worked.

bad problem widespread... please GARMIN fix this with firmware update or just do something because this is really bad reputation.

Unfortunately I had the EXACT SAME problem, after having my 110 only about 5 months. I went to plug it into my laptop, and while "Saving Activity" it just went dead. Tried everything several times with no luck. Just when I was contemplating sending it back to Garmin, I tried a few more times, pressing ALL buttons, and lo and behold it came back to life! I had unplugged it from the USB, and connected it up to the AC charger. So not sure if that made any difference. I did not lose my data either when it came back on.

I agree, however, that Garmin REALLY needs to address these problems! We really depend on their products, and this will only give them a bad name in the end. I don't know if it's a PC driver problem (since there seems to be a pattern of this happening when "Saving Activity"), or just an issue in the watch firmware itself. But PLEASE GARMIN, FIX THIS!!!!!

ALGUEVAR
12-24-2012, 05:58 AM
I tried all the other options suggested in previous threads but this is the one that finally solved the problem for me! Many thanks.

Me too. This is the solution. Thank you! rembember, 30 seconds!!!!

TORSTEINPEDERSEN
01-05-2013, 06:50 AM

Thanks a lot! Had the same problem my wife´s 101 turning blank and I tried all the combinations above without success. But your solution actually worked! THX!!

CORINNEBUS
01-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Thanks. It works for me.

AILLIDH007
01-09-2013, 02:32 PM
i tried my Garmin out for the first time today and had exactly the same problem when trying to save activity and held buttons, plugged in, out - you name it I tried it - eventually my laptop recognised the device and would you believe it it restarted... Im really disappointed that there appears to be a major software issue with the watch as it does everything else I want it to do but useless if I have to spend half my time trying to get it to start again!!!! Im waiting on a reply from Garmin Support on the issue!

01-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Just plugged my one in for the second time and long beeping noise and blank. Managed to get it going again after looking at this thread and keeping the light button pressed in. Does not fill me with confidence after reading so many other poor soles have suffered the same or similar problem. My wife also is using a 110 for a year now and never had any problems with hers - could this be the "holy grail" 110.....

01-15-2013, 02:04 PM
I replaced my forerunner 110 last month as it was crashing, which was really annoying. Wish i had read these problem solving forums, as realised where i was going wrong. I had the same issue when i was uploading my activities to my laptop with my new forerunner 110, and read the comment about pressing all four buttons at the same time. Now resets it every time. Have to say the product instructions are next to useless...!!!

PAUL_BLEWETT
01-27-2013, 06:37 AM
I had the same problem today after a 10k run with FR 110 that was a Christmas present. I've only used it 5 or 6 times!
I took the advice on this thread, but really as the problem has been around for about 2 years Garmin should really be working on a permanent fix otherwise they will be losing customers. I for one would not recommend Garmin products now!

THEKEITHMAN
02-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Worked for my dead 110 just now. Thanks!

JAM.WILL
02-06-2013, 07:17 AM
Exact same issue here. Grateful thanks for this forum and thread. Holding the four buttons down worked for me - seemed to be the equivalent of a reset/ reboot.

My 110 has just had the same problem. I tried all the suggestions, holding the power on button for 6 secs, all four buttons and nothing. I tried the previous suggestion of having the USB connection attached but not plugged, holding the power on button and while still held plugging the USB connection into the computer. Seems to be working fine now.

petraknight
02-08-2013, 08:32 AM
I only removed your inappropriate language.

The only suggestion I can make is to attach the watch to hold the power button for 7-10 seconds, and then attach the device to the power clip. Try this 2 or 3 times. If that does not recover the unit, you will need to contact Garmin Support (http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us/support/supportcontact).

Another 6 months, another failed Forerunner 110, another request from support that i have to buy another unit for the bargain price of £60.....not really much of a bargin when buying them so often, should this unit really be on the market?

MAHLERGIRL
02-10-2013, 01:10 PM

That just worked for me too, after trying all other methods.

SHELTZ1128
02-12-2013, 05:25 AM
The 110 has been an unreliable product ever since I bought it. While Garmin has a support staff who can be bothered emailing and calling them all the time. it would be better if it was made a better product to begin with. The screen goes blank, holding the light button for 6 secondsdoes not fix it and I cheer if the website recognizes the device after rehooking it up and relogging in multiple times. UGH...

dm1983
02-17-2013, 09:37 AM
I've just had this happen too :mad:

stevebanks1881
02-22-2013, 02:03 PM

Thanks this works for me. Mine has failed twice now, only 2 months old, not at all what I expected from Garmin.

cvitran
02-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Glad that I found this thread. Got my 110 rebooted with the 10 seconds hold on the "light" button with the usb cable attached and power on. Thanks.

MRAJAMES
02-28-2013, 08:38 AM

Hasnt happened since.

Copied the above after no joy with the light button (which did sort out the constant beep issue I had ) and hey presto!!!

SCOOBTASTIC
03-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Bought a 110 at the end of Jan and exactly 30 days later, got the blank screen. Tried pressing all combinations of buttons to no avail. To Amazon's credit they sent me a replacement the following day. If this replacement fails, I will be asking for my money back. My battery was quite low when it died so I wonder if you keep it well charged up, will it stop this from happening! Garmin very quiet on this topic!

Frenzy
03-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Had my 110 for over a year with no problems then this happened, what eventually worked was holding in the light button for 10-12sec with attached to computer. It's charging now. Thanks for suggestions. Pity we can't summarise the steps into one post, maybe a sticky, to save reading all 6 pages!

03-08-2013, 10:47 AM

==================
Thank you SHE-BEAR29....Read and tried other suggestions...held Light button only, held all four buttons at the same time....those did not work. Then I found your suggestion and it worked. Held the Start/Stop, Light and Lap/Reset buttons (the Garmin was NOT plugged in to the charger) it beeped then I plugged it in to charge and it started charging!! I've not had the Garmin long and could not understand how it was broken already. Thanks again!!

whysheruns
03-09-2013, 06:20 PM
I have the 210 and tried EVERYTHING that everybody suggested here. Nothing. When I plug it into my laptop, the light comes on, but it's a blank screen. Looks like I can turn the watch on and off by holding the "light" button down, but it doesn't do anything and I get a blank screen. Once in a while when the watch is on (light is on but blank screen), it flickers....

Please help! Is my 210 completely dead? Bought it back in 2011.

fimurphy
03-11-2013, 05:29 AM
I have the 210 and tried EVERYTHING that everybody suggested here. Nothing. When I plug it into my laptop, the light comes on, but it's a blank screen. Looks like I can turn the watch on and off by holding the "light" button down, but it doesn't do anything and I get a blank screen. Once in a while when the watch is on (light is on but blank screen), it flickers....

Please help! Is my 210 completely dead? Bought it back in 2011.

I bought a second forerunner 110 when first went dead and had a race coming up. Left first in ac charger &it magically came back to life weeks later! Was keeping both well charged and using both without any problems until last week when having let battery run down a little unit went dead. So far nothing has worked and am getting frustrated as I love my stats & HRM. Don't think I'd go for Garmin again but very disappointed as a great product WHEN IT WORKS. Currentlyusing run keeper app but miss the HRM. Will try out all thread suggestions but why can't Garmin mention them with product info - definately must lose them many customers. Fiona

MCRAIGS123
03-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Just had the same issue, watch went blank afterworking perfectly for a few months - and the fix worked first time.
Pres and hold the light button for 6 seconds. thanks

LMORUNNER
03-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Thanks this works for me. Mine has failed twice now, only 2 months old, not at all what I expected from Garmin.

Mine has this fail at least once every couple months!!! I can't even count how many times it's happened now. It is a MAJOR PAIN to have to deal with! :( It's got to be something in the watch firmware itself or the computer driver for it. But I just wish Garmin would fix this already. Kind of ruining their reputation for reliable products! :mad:

xcrikard@gmail.com
04-14-2013, 06:20 AM
Until this very moment, I was considering the FR 110 as a nice, reliable easy-to-use running clock for my wife, not anymore.
It seems that this issue can't be resolved by any firmware update anyway (then it would have been fixed already I guess?).
Would be nice with a comment from a Garmin representative regarding this issue. Which sports watch do you suggest me to buy to my wife instead?

Rikard

MCRAIGS123
05-04-2013, 01:39 PM
had this blank screen issue a number of times and as frustrating as it is, the fix had always worked until today. I now seem to have a different twist on the issue. Screen is blank but immediately after attaching the clip, it comes to life and appears to be charging, but as soon as I remove the charger, screen goes blank again and cannot get it to come to life.. Any ideas please..

SpencePeacock
05-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Mine does this every other week or so. What I do is this.
Hold Light, Lap and Start/stop for 10 seconds. Release all buttons. Then Hold all four buttons for 30 seconds. Release. Then attach it to your usb.

Hopefully that works.

DUSK50
05-16-2013, 07:43 AM
as per Garmin FAQ support pages:

At times, the Forerunner 110 or 210 may lock up or become non-responsive. If this occurs, the device screen may appear blank.

To correct this issue, complete the following steps:

Connect charging clip to device, insuring the connection is secure.
Plug charging clip into power source.
Press and hold Light button for approximately 15-20 seconds
Release Light
After releasing Light, the device should indicate charging. Allow device to fully charge before using.

works for me...

KARENPLOWRIGHT
05-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Hi
When I plugged mine in to download it beeped and screen went blank. Today I have tried all these tricks to try and restart. The only one which worked was to unplug watch from everything and press menu, start/stop and light button together for 30 seconds and then repeat again. It beeped and flashed lots of info on screen and is now back to normal!
Yippee! Panic over - good luck!

RUN1RUN2
06-02-2013, 12:41 AM
Since September 2011 I had 3 (three !!!) forerunner 110. Every 4 to 6 weeks, the screen went blank, no combination of buttons brought it back to life! 2 weeks ago, I got a forerunner 210 instead from my dealer, but you know what:
Yesterday, after a 15 km run, the screen went dead when I plugged in my computer! Until now, 12 hours later, I could not bring it back to life!
I am angry now!

It Works! The screen is now on! Hope there will be no problem anymore! Thank you for the advice.

06-05-2013, 02:42 PM
I have had ALOT of problems with my Garmin 110 since I bought it about 14 months ago and as what I thought was a final kick in the teeth it completely died overnight, it had a blank screen and wouldn't register the charger. After looking at the price of new ones I'd resigned myself to sending it off for repair until I googled the problem. After trying all of the suggestions to no avail I found the advice below and low and behold after two tries it sprung back to life. You have saved me a lot of money and time so thank you! :D

Hasnt happened since.

Jo_Trompetas
06-15-2013, 02:58 AM
These instructions worked for me!

07-05-2013, 06:14 AM

Hasnt happened since.

I'm on my second Garmin forerunner 110, the first lasted only a few months before I exchanged it. This one I've had for about a year and after the battery died yesterday after a run, I left it plugged in overnight, but the screen never "woke up." This morning I held all 4 buttons for about 10 second and it came back to life and started charging. I would have hated to have to return this one too!

07-08-2013, 03:27 PM
I have had ALOT of problems with my Garmin 110 since I bought it about 14 months ago and as what I thought was a final kick in the teeth it completely died overnight, it had a blank screen and wouldn't register the charger. After looking at the price of new ones I'd resigned myself to sending it off for repair until I googled the problem. After trying all of the suggestions to no avail I found the advice below and low and behold after two tries it sprung back to life. You have saved me a lot of money and time so thank you! :D

Ditto! I have had a number of instances of my 110 just shutting down mostly when connecting to a power source but today when I was getting ready to go running---and it did not register a low battery--fortunately I have an older (MORE RELIABLE) Garmin also. Thank you though for the tip on how to get it back on. The holding the light button while connected to a power source worked on the 2nd attempt. If anyone reads this who is thinking about buying one---perhaps look for a more reliable model.

MILLERP987
07-15-2013, 10:15 AM
I know this is a little late as you posted so long ago but I thought I'd share my experience and the solution that worked for me in the hope it may help someone else.

When I completed a run and plugged the watch into my laptop I got the beep and blank scren then it took an age of messing with pressing various button combinations to bring the watch back to life.

I found that once your activity is complete and you "stop" the timer make sure you save the activity by pressing (and holding the reset button for 3 seconds) this looks as though the run details will be deleted but they are stored in the memory. When you connect to the PC/laptop the watch doesn't shut down.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Paul

neetatkinson
07-15-2013, 11:11 AM
I have had this issue today when trying to charge my Forerunner 110. First of all it was showing as fully charged when I knew it wasn't. Then showing random icons on the screen. Then completely dead. Holding the light button did not work. Like others I am not sure what combination of all four did work but the screen reappeared and it is now charging up. The clip/teeth arrangement is dreadful. I hope future watches improve on this. :)

paigecc7
07-24-2013, 06:58 PM
I have had my Garmin for about 1 1/2yrs. It is always kept charged and ready to go. Unfortunately, it's not always ready when I am!! I have had the dead screen issue happen about 6 times now and it is very frustrating. Every time except the last I had to use the 4 button combo and be plugged in into pc. This last time I tried for about 10min the 1/2/4 button combo wall and pc with no luck...by then I had to go! Tried again tonight by plugging into Pc and BAM watch comes on fully charged (no buttons pushed). What a mess! Data is all still there...except today's. Good luck to everyone!! :)

BROOKERF1969
07-29-2013, 08:56 AM
I tried all the other methods, all 4 buttons at the same time, holding power ( light ) button in for 6-10 seconds etc, nothing worked until I tried this solution.

I clipped the clip on, then had the other side of the USB cable in one hand ready to plug it in, I held the light button in, counted slowly to 10, inserted the other end of the USB into the PC, but kept my finger on the light button the whole time, I counted to 10 slowly and just as I was about to release the button it came on, started charging :)

Just an observation, we all may be having what looks like the same problem but in reality, behind the scenes there may be different causes and there may be different solutions for different causes, so just try them all.

Thank you so much for this solution. It worked for me, after trying lots of other ideas. For me, it was counting slowly that did the trick. I will never, ever buy another Garmin when this one poops out for the last time. The real kicker..the real source of my frustration...is that for the past two months, I have to clean my clip and the watch with alcohol just to MAYBE get my laptop to recognize my watch when I plug it in. So now I have my watch showing its display again, but my computer can't tell that it is there. Again. Lovely. Now I will commence more cleaning with alcohol and reloading the page and plugging and unplugging the USB cable in the hopes that a miracle will happen. Not very convenient.

destoop26
08-04-2013, 04:10 AM
Add me to the long list of people with whom none of the above has helped. No more Garmin for me.

witness_the_fitness
08-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Add me to the long list of people with whom none of the above has helped. No more Garmin for me.

Same goes for me. I enjoyed My Forerunner 110 for about 3 months. Today I unplugged it and the display light was on but the screen was blank. None of the solutions mentioned here helped so far. I'm angry.

edit: None of the "press all the buttons in a random fashion" worked, but when I plugged the watch in the charger and ignored it for 2 h the display was back on when I checked on it again. It's working again (which makes me no less angry).

JACQUES_ORION
08-10-2013, 11:24 AM
I tried all as those posting above. Finally, it recovered while it was not even plugged in. I believe I was pushing the start/stop and light buttons at the same time. I guess this means that if you keep trying for a while you may get the screen/info back....

SAMANTHAJANE67
08-17-2013, 03:53 PM
I tried all as those posting above. Finally, it recovered while it was not even plugged in. I believe I was pushing the start/stop and light buttons at the same time. I guess this means that if you keep trying for a while you may get the screen/info back....

Hi all, I had a similar problem with my 110. I contacted garmin support via email. I was instructed to press the light button for at least 30 seconds, which restarts the watch. That worked then I had a long list of instructions on how to back up then reset it. Works fine now. If you want me to email the instructions let me know.

rnfinca
08-19-2013, 11:27 AM
I have had my 110 for an extended period of time now. I believe the problem occurs when the contacts on the back are covered with too much sweat for a prolonged period. I have made it a habit of taking the watch off and wiping the back after I run, bike or whatever. When I take this step, the blanking issue does not occur.

When it does happen, typically holding some sequence of the buttons others have offered will turn it back on. The first time it happened was before this thread started. I was out of the country so it just sat. A few days later it was back on.

BARRYG46
08-22-2013, 08:04 AM
Add me to the list of victims. I had used the 210 for around six months with no blank screen & dead behavior problem. Suddenly, this morning when I picked up the 210 before going for a run, I saw that the screen was blank. (I recharge the 210 after every run.) After returning from the run, during which I used my backup watch, I Googled the problem and found this thread. I also found the relevant note from Garmin support. You should be able to find the note by Googling "Why is my Forerunner 210 or 110 not turning on or charging". I followed the instructions, and now the 210 seems to be back working. I hope this does not happen again! The instructions I followed are as follows.

At times, the Forerunner 110 or 210 may lock up or become non-responsive. If this occurs, the device screen may appear blank.

Release Light

After releasing Light, the device should indicate charging. Allow device to fully charge before using.

Note to Garmin:
Please tell us why this problem happens, and what we can do to avoid it. Post the information in this thread and in a Support note.

PIPEDOWN
08-27-2013, 01:30 PM
8 weeks before i had this problem and this thread saved the day. So many people with this issue it should be an FAQ. Maybe Garmin dont know what the F stands for? Apart from not working the Garmin temperamental 110 is a good watch.

BLOGONSCUM
09-11-2013, 11:02 AM
Wow, am I glad I came across this thread and forum as I was ready to give up my Forerunner 110 as dead. I am holding the watch band together with Velcro because the band snapped, so I am grinding my teeth about the stupid design flaws. Holding the light switch for approximately 5 seconds worked with the display issue. I have a love/hate relationship with this watch.

waverunner333
09-17-2013, 06:53 PM
This worked for me : "First connect the unit to the charging/data clip. Then press and hold the light key for about 6 seconds." I did this with the charging cable NOT plugged into a USB port.

JANNYSUE
09-21-2013, 05:49 AM
Thanks, I overcharged my battery on accident and this solution worked perfectly!

Have been reading all of the different suggestions(3 pages worth) - with no luck until I read about connecting clip and holding down the light button. YAY, my Garmin has come back to life!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!:D

peterproducts
09-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Why is my Forerunner 210 or 110 not turning on or charging? 02/11/2013

Release Light

6-10 seconds did not work for me: 20 seconds pressing the Light button does!

Kindy regards, Peter

GEORGEJBUTLERII
09-23-2013, 03:19 PM

I tried as the person suggested and this turned my unit back on and it is not with display and is charging. This product is frustrating. So far, I have had horrible luck with GARMIN wrist wearable GPS devices. Will try another brand when this was kicks the bucket.

GIGISCHOLZ
09-25-2013, 09:16 PM

this worked for me, too. this is the first time this problem had happened to me. I've had the watch for about 2 months and use it almost everyday to track my bike rides. Other than this problem, it's been great.

Jo_Trompetas
10-04-2013, 02:14 AM
Agree very frustrating with no certainty you will ever fix. All I can say is, having given up hope, I was sitting chatting to someone just pressing all four buttons with the clip on and plugged into the computer. I cannot tell you how many times I pressed it but suddenly it came to life! Good luck.

JOSIERRA
10-06-2013, 01:06 AM
Same problem happened to me today. After a year plus of use without any problem. After a long charge that was expected to charge 100% the battery, I've found the screen completely blank and irresponsive.
Resuscitated the FR 110 by pressing all the four buttons exactly at the same for a few seconds, while the 110 was connected to charge via USB.
While pressing nothing happened, blank dead, but when I disconnected the 110 from the charge, voila' it came back to life!
Interesting point: the battery icon, indicated the battery was charged about 1/3 (while it was expected to be completely full, as mentioned before)

MELSINCLAIR
10-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Thanks, ROBOTICS4, I tried your suggestion and the watch is now on. I assumed that the "light" button was the power button on the 110. "Pushing power button for 10 seconds while the clip was on the watch, but it was not plugged in the computer. Then, still holding the power button, I plugged into USB and released the button, the watch is on now!"
I will leave it on overnight and hopefully I'll be good to go in the morning. It went out 9 days ago and this is the first time that I have had time to look into it.

ANNEC69
10-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Wow, am I glad I came across this thread and forum as I was ready to give up my Forerunner 110 as dead. I am holding the watch band together with Velcro because the band snapped, so I am grinding my teeth about the stupid design flaws. Holding the light switch for approximately 5 seconds worked with the display issue. I have a love/hate relationship with this watch.

Thank goodness for this forum. Obviously a design flaw with this watch. Had to press light button for about 15 secs and then it came to life again. Watch should be sold with a warning that this is likely to happen. Very poor. Feel disappointed with Garmin. Don't feel I can rely on this product anymore.

DBERNARDUCCI
10-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Same problem now for me EVERY TIME I CONNECT IT to upload/charge.

Garmin support-
Seems like a very common and serious problem
Is there a fix for this?
Does the FW update address this?

YURICHANSGARMIN
10-21-2013, 03:28 PM

Thank you! I tried this and it finally worked.;)

MELSINCLAIR
10-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Quote Originally Posted by ROBOTICS4 View Post

Several weeks ago I had the same blank screen issue. This solution worked. Last week, the screen went blank again. The solution worked again.

Is this a problem with the FR 110 or am I doing something to cause this condition. It is really annoying. Otherwise, the FR 110 seems to work fine.

FELINE48
11-02-2013, 07:55 AM

Hi, Yipee! Just tried this......It works! Had exhausted all other manner of button pushing too,Thanks. :-)

ALECSPA
11-03-2013, 10:04 AM
2 days of reading posts on the Internet and pressing button till my fingers are about to bleed has gotten the screen to flash info twice for about 1 second.

I quit.

I'll post the video of me shooting my 110 with a 10 ga. shotgun my watch soon.

Edited to add:

Garmin saved the 110 from an ugly fate and got the durn thing working again. Simple as rubbing the watch contacts with a pencil eraser…….

Props Garmin!

lefterisg
11-07-2013, 01:58 PM

Hasnt happened since.

Form it worked by holding for 15sec and the releasing

PaulWilcock
11-13-2013, 05:20 AM
Same problem here. Tried the following:

The light button for 10 secs with no charger attached
All four buttons for 10 secs with no charger attached
The light button for 10 secs while plugged into my PC's USB port
All four buttons for 10 secs while plugged into my PC's USB port
The light button for 10 secs while plugged into an AC adapter
All four buttons for 10 secs while plugged into AC adapter

What finally fixed it was having the USB cable connected to the watch but NOT plugged into anything else, as soon as I did this and pressed the light button it flicked on. :confused:

edit: the above didn't fix it the very next time I went to use it.

What did fix it was (as above) unplugging the USB cable from the PC, connecting the watch and THEN plugging it into the PC and THEN holding the LIGHT button for 5-6 seconds.

RobinBrazy
11-19-2013, 06:43 AM
This worked for me thanks for the tip!

MauricioRoman
11-23-2013, 06:54 AM
I just followed this advice and unplugged from my computer and attached to power, no joy, attached to my laptop and away she fired and started charging!!
I held every button, pressed every combination of button, nothing, then changed power source and success... go figure!!

After 3 weeks with my watch, while attached to the computer, the screen went blank -- I pressed the 4 buttons while attached to the charging clip, and it went back to life.

However, a few weeks later, while charging, the watch beeped and went blank. I could not get it to work again. When I attached it to my laptop, it started charging again...so changing power sources worked...

MauricioRoman
11-23-2013, 07:00 AM
Hi all, I had a similar problem with my 110. I contacted garmin support via email. I was instructed to press the light button for at least 30 seconds, which restarts the watch. That worked then I had a long list of instructions on how to back up then reset it. Works fine now. If you want me to email the instructions let me know.

After my watch went blank for the 3rd time, I tried cleaning the contacts with alcohol and a QTIp, then connected it to my computer and it worked. It seems the salt in sweat accumulates in the contacts.

12-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Mine came on after 7 seconds with the light button down... thank you all! (BTW, this is my second Garmin 110 Forerunner- the other had some huge glitch and they eventually had to send me a newly refurbished one;-(

PPOELS
12-03-2013, 09:03 AM
My 110 failed with a dead screen for the second time in 5 months - not pleased. The first time I waited for 2-3 days and then it "magically" started recharging. This time I read the thread, held the light button for a long timre, and it started recharging. A much quicker solution but a very pooor problem with the device itself - Garmin should try to prevent this happening.

I think the 110 is malfunctioning under certain circumstances (plug, unplug, in combination with other manipulations).
Garmin should verify all complaints and distribute instructions on what NOT to do with the 110.

SPEAREC
12-03-2013, 01:04 PM
I've had this problem twice now. Both times the battery has been full or nearly full when I've connected it to the laptop, and then it's just completely died on me, no messages on screen just completely dead. I've tried all the solutions in this forum without success. Then I left it plugged in at the wall for about 30 minutes, came back to a dead screen, then tried the suggested solution of holding down 'light, start/stop, and lap/reset' all at once for over 30 seconds. When I let go it came back to life.

I have a nasty feeling that both the crashes are down to the connection I had with the laptop. I find the way the clip sits is quite poor, and both times I had already put the usb connection in then tried to connect the clip. From now on I am going to make sure that I have a sound connection between the clip and the watch, then plug in the usb. Fingers crossed this prevents another occurrence.

I must admit that I am very disappointed with this problem, I expected something better from a well known make such as Garmin. I was planning to replace my tomtom with Garmin this year, but I think I'll do a lot of homework on other brands now.

davestaufferbury.com
12-03-2013, 09:19 PM
As with prior commenters on this problem, my new Forerunner 110 worked fine for 4-6 weeks. Then it began to go blank/dead -- usually when I plugged it into my laptop, but also at other (critical) times, such as when I had pressed the button to save my run. I, too, have lost no data -- it just becomes inaccessible and the watch is unusable. Unlike the prior commenters, I am unable to bring my display back by any method mentioned in these posts. I pressed all combinations of 2, 3, and 4 buttons for all lengths of time I could think of and nothing can bring it back ... until I've left the watch alone for at least 12 hours and no more than 24 hours. (I can only pin the time down to 12-24 hours as I continue to experiment each time the watch goes dead.) When I leave the watch completely alone (meaning that I can't touch any button for any length of time because that sets the dead timing back to zero), it seems to have time to gather itself together well enough to function normally for a run or two, when it goes dead again and the cycle re-starts.

bckayaker
12-04-2013, 11:08 AM
I had a dead screen, but found a solution.

I had plugged in my watch for recharging and saw it read "saving..." In the morning, the screen was blank. I spoke with Garmin support and got a simple solution.

1) Plus in the charger (computer or wall) and attach to the watch.
2) Make sure contact points are clean (I used an isopropyl/water blend and a Q-tip).
3) Hold down the light button for 15 seconds (kind of tricky to reach since it's under the clip).
4) Release the button.
5) Ta-da! Worked for me. No need to do the full reset (the 3-button dance that may wipe out all settings and run data)

paul_b_baker
12-07-2013, 03:59 AM
My experience when my FR110 locked up as I connected it to my PC's keyboard:-

1. Screen totally blank.
2. No combination of button pressing or button holding worked.
3. Plugged it directly into a USB port on my PC (previously had plugged it into my G19 keyboard) and it started to work again.
4. Concerned it may have damaged the USB on my keyboard I tried another device on the keyboard but it connected fine.
5. Haven't dared to plug my FR into the G19 since. They worked fine together for about 4 months - I think it is caused by incorrectly connecting
the USB clip.

Don't know about you but I hate the USB clip that comes with the FR110. I find it fiddly to attached and wish they had used a proper USB connector. Garmin take note please!

Relieved it works because it is otherwise a great product.

Paul B.

RIGGERS1306
12-10-2013, 02:23 AM
This worked for me too!

VAL1965
12-12-2013, 11:16 AM

Brilliant. Tried every other button pushing options and this worked first time. Thanks robotics4

RICARDOMAUDONNET
12-14-2013, 06:07 PM
It´s the last time I buy something from garmin.
My car GPS is not working, and now the forerunner every week dies and I have to do all this reset. It sucks. It is a fact that the Forerunner 110 has a serious problem on its design.

Next thing to do is to buy the tom Tom /Nike GPS.

01-14-2014, 04:55 AM
Forerunner 110 completely dead. No display, doesn't seem to be charging. None of these suggestions working. One question though: which is the Power button? none of the 4 are labeled as such.

One twist to my situation; I have had it about a year and always just plugged it into the wall, not the computer, so the memory was getting really full. Not thinking that's the reason though.

OLDMANKRIS
01-14-2014, 08:27 AM
For anyone who doesn't want to have to read through all 12 pages of this thread to find all the suggested fixes, I've summarized them all in a blog entry: http://undefinedvalue.com/2014/01/14/garmin-forerunner-110-blank-screen

Please let me know if there are any solutions that I missed.

OLDMANKRIS
01-14-2014, 03:18 PM
Once you get your watch restarted, you might want to check whether it has the current version of the firmware. The firmware release notes contain this tidbit:

> Changes from version 2.60 to version 2.70:
>
> Fixed an issue where the device could display a blank screen while connected to the charger.

To update the firmware, download the WebUpdater from http://connect.garmin.com/firmware

JSF117
01-24-2014, 07:17 AM
Strange this morning the alarm went off and then minutes later the face was blank. Had to run without the FR110 this morning. Thanks for all the posts, all 4 buttons pushed at the same time did restart my watch.

RMFLETCHR
01-26-2014, 07:45 PM
For anyone who doesn't want to have to read through all 12 pages of this thread to find all the suggested fixes, I've summarized them all in a blog entry: http://undefinedvalue.com/2014/01/14/garmin-forerunner-110-blank-screen

Please let me know if there are any solutions that I missed.

Thanks so much!! The light button worked for me.

DONEB4
01-29-2014, 01:51 PM
Pushing light after trying to push all four buttons worked for me

JBREMER4
02-15-2014, 09:42 PM

I read 4 pages of these replies...tried the "light" button multiple times for varying amounts of time (up to 10 seconds), tried all four buttons at the same time about 30 times, for anywhere from 1-2 seconds, up to 30 seconds. It was this recommendation that FINALLY got my FR 110 to reset!!! Thank you soooo much!!! I pressed Light, Start/Stop and Lap/Reset at the same time, held them down for 30 seconds, and when I released the buttons my screen was back on-- as if it had never turned off! no data lost! amazing, since the last time it did this (about 3 months ago) I pressed a variety of buttons and still have no idea what combo got it back on, but it had some really crazy symbols/nonsensical words on the screen, but by the next morning was back to normal. Wondering if this is a defect/bug that higher end FR models run into as well...

JOHNNYD17
02-16-2014, 07:29 AM

I have had my watch for probably 9 months now with the same problem. Screen goes dead, can't reset, takes a long time to find satellites. I am very unhappy with this product. Coming from a forerunner 405 that always worked well. My watch will not hard reset. Maybe it's time to try another company.

GERTQUINTENS
03-22-2014, 08:37 AM
Must be patient and try different buttons in different order, oeps, suddenly it works!

ARCHISAUR
03-26-2014, 05:46 AM
just spent an hour trying to reset watch, just seen your message, applied your technique and Brilliant! it is now charging. Big thanks!

CSALINKA
04-05-2014, 01:06 PM
After a few weeks of use I've had a same problem a few min ago and thanks for your advice I put on a charger and I hold the "light" button about 12 sec. and the watch switched on and started to charging :) I hope this was the last problem with it!

JUSTINEHARDY
04-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Thanks! This was the only thing that worked for me too!!

CSEGUINLZ
04-25-2014, 07:04 AM
this same technique worked for me too!

TEMPESTBEBENDE
05-02-2014, 07:26 PM
This was one of my OMG moments. I had tried light button for 6 seconds, plugged in and not plugged in, to the computer and to the wall, same with all 4 buttons and all three buttons at once (yes, that is four permutations). Nothing worked I was ready to spring for a new unit as I really love this watch! But, as a last ditch effort, I tried the below, which I thought was akin to patting my head and rubbing my stomach at the same time IT WORKED and started charging again! Thank you...thank you...

adrenalin1977
05-08-2014, 11:38 AM
My fully charged Forerunner 110 switches off during run after a while and then try to connect to satellites, but for minutes...:mad:
It makes me angry.:mad:
Did anybody experience the same?

06-01-2014, 12:44 PM
I've just used the tempestebende method to revive my watch and luckily it worked. Thank you so much. Was getting a bit stressed as I've a race in the morning. I'm not happy!!! Wont be buying another one.

EMILYG224
06-13-2014, 08:36 AM

I've had similar problems 2 or 3 times before (have had my Garmin since Xmas - so almost 6 months). Previously, holding down the light switch for a few seconds is enough to get it on again, but this time it didn't work - thank god for this comment!! Holding down the light button for around 10 seconds with the clip attached but NOT plugged in before plugging in to the power with the light button still down worked! I'm over the moon. This seems like quite a big error though; I'm surprised Garmin haven't ordered a product recall.

HHHUGOSSON
07-24-2014, 12:46 PM
I picked up my watch after using it last night (worked fine). I was pretty discouraged after seeing the blank screen and hooking it up to the charging clip wasn't working. When I looked at the connection dots on the watch, they were not very clean, so I used a Q-tip and alcohol to clean them and voila! Looks like she's back! Just thought I'd share that one.

tomleecee
09-03-2014, 01:40 AM
I've had my Forerunner 110 for about 3 years now and never had any issues with it apart from the odd charging clip or 'USB device not recognized' incident. However, last week after a run the Foreunner decided to have a bit of a freak out. The light started activating on its own and then the screen would just go 'blank' and the watch would go into a self resetting infinity loop. Nothing I did would stop it - no amount of '3 button' resets would work. My last run had been in a bit of a torrential downpour so I thought maybe water damage was to blame, so I put the FR110 into a jar of rice to see if that old wives tale would work (if indeed there was any moisture inside causing issues). I took the watch out after 24 hours and tried it - it kind of worked, the display came on but all the data was gone. Now the light doesn't work, the watch resets itself every now and then while I'm running (annoying) and the display has gone really faint. I have given up caring as I know the distance of most of my routes now...but I do think Garmin should be more accountable for the quality of their products - especially as they're so expensive.

EMERGINGSHAWN
09-04-2014, 12:01 PM

Hasnt happened since.

Similar problem: dead for no reason. Would not charge. Pressed all four buttons at the same time and it came back to life. Thanks for the tip.:o

JULIEW33
09-06-2014, 04:02 PM
Update - I just connected my 110 to my computer and after showing 'saving activity' for a few seconds the screen went completely off and nothing would bring it back. Even my own previous suggestion of holding all 4 buttons down had no effect, until I managed to press all 4 at pretty much exactly the same time. The watch is back on and no history has been lost.

I have had this watch for 3 and a half years, and this has never happened before,until today. I thought maybe my watch was totally done for... I tried several times to get it back on, with no luck, then I read your comment, by pressing all of the buttons at the same exact time, it turned back on! Thanks for the tip!

SVENVANHARN
09-17-2014, 12:32 PM

This one did it for me! Thanks a lot!!:D

PS I believe it has to do with sweat,salt and dirt build up witch causes the dead blank screen