PDA

View Full Version : editing sport mode on 310xt

DJDUNC
08-20-2009, 06:19 AM
is it possible to edit the sports mode on the 310xt? (the menu you get when you press and hold mode). Running and bike are fine but i would like to edit bike 2, bike 3, other to more useful terms to me like walking and swimming.

DW152
08-20-2009, 06:46 AM
I don't think there is any way to do this. Personally, I would like to change "other" to "swimming," but I don't think this is possible.

NDURANCERIDER
08-20-2009, 06:49 AM
No, you can't change the labels on the sports.

April

KIERENB
08-20-2009, 09:59 AM
I think you can actually do this, unless I misunderstand what you are looking to achieve.

- If you press and hold the mode button, you get "change sport" with the list of sports. If you want to change what is in this list, then here's how you achieve it:

1) Change sport to the sport whose label you want to change
2) Choose settings, then Bike settings (this is the only label that I could not change)
3) Scroll down to the label name, beneath the Heart rate option (i.e. Bike 1) and press enter.
4) Select "Bike details"
5) You get a screen up that details the name of the sport mode, along with equipment details (weight, odometer)
6) Press enter when the label is highlighted, and you're taken into an edit menu where you can change the label.
7) Don't forget to select "Done" once you're finished editing, and that should be it.

NDURANCERIDER
08-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Nice find. I spend most of my time in the Running and Other sports, so didn't realize you could change the name of the Bike profiles.

You cannot do this for Running or Other. Just for the Bike profiles.

April

SAEEDI
08-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Nice find. I spend most of my time in the Running and Other sports, so didn't realize you could change the name of the Bike profiles.

This is also a feature of the 705 bike profiles. Apparently, it's been migrated to the 310.

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
08-20-2009, 02:23 PM
One of those neat little, (undocumented?) features that make a difference. There has been a great deal of positive comment about that ability. It is cool to be able to personalise the 310 that way.

NDURANCERIDER
08-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Now if we could only have all the other settings be specific to that bike. ;)

April

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
08-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Now if we could only have all the other settings be specific to that bike. ;)

April

And not just to that particular bike, but to the sport too.

NDURANCERIDER
08-21-2009, 07:01 AM
The Bike settings (alerts, auto lap/pause/scroll, etc) are separate from the Running and Other settings.

Although there are some "global" settings like User Profile and backlight, etc. Are those the ones you want sport-specific?

April

CHRLOV
08-24-2009, 04:56 AM
1) Change sport to the sport whose label you want to change
2) Choose settings, then Bike settings (this is the only label that I could not change)
3) Scroll down to the label name, beneath the Heart rate option (i.e. Bike 1) and press enter.
4) Select "Bike details"
5) You get a screen up that details the name of the sport mode, along with equipment details (weight, odometer)
6) Press enter when the label is highlighted, and you're taken into an edit menu where you can change the label.
7) Don't forget to select "Done" once you're finished editing, and that should be it.

Thank you! :-)

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
08-24-2009, 06:19 PM
The Bike settings (alerts, auto lap/pause/scroll, etc) are separate from the Running and Other settings.

Although there are some "global" settings like User Profile and backlight, etc. Are those the ones you want sport-specific?

April

Takes foot out of mouth and says in mitigation "New device not fully aware and mental faculties clearly severely weakened". You are indeed correct, they are 'local'settings.

I do think that the slow scroll is a little on the fast side. The difference between the scroll speeds is not much.

MELZORRO
08-25-2009, 03:35 AM
I'm thinking of adjusting a bike profile to a run profile.
As I read this read, this can be done by renaming the profile and adjusting the settings like Auto Pause.

In this way I can use one running profile for Interval training (with auto pause off) and one running profile for endurance training (with auto pause on).

Another advantage is that I can define different screens with different data fields.

The only disadvantage I can think of, is a wrong calorie count (when using the bike profile for running).

NDURANCERIDER
08-25-2009, 05:08 AM
Another disadvantage (for me) for using a Biking sport for running is that I have a foot pod and the Biking sport won't recognize the foot pod.

But a fine idea if you don't have a foot pod.

April

WRDAVIES
11-28-2010, 03:25 AM
Newbie question here!

Am I right in thinking that if I change the Data Fields in Bike 1, it also changes those in Bike 2 and 3?

I was hoping to use Bike 1 for saililng (speed in nautical miles for example), bike 2 for cycling (speed in miles/hr) etc but this doesn't appear to be possible. Changing Bike 1 changes Bike 2 and 3.

Thanks in advance.

Will

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
11-28-2010, 01:26 PM
You are correct in your thinking. You could set up Other to do what you want.