PDA

View Full Version : Advanced/scheduled workouts - some questions

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
08-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Does anyone know of a quick way of deleting workouts on the 310XT? I can delete them one at a time but not more.

Is there are limit to the number of workouts that can be stored? I guess it would depend on the size/complexity of the workouts anyway, but transfer seems to fail if there are too many.

Are the workouts meant to synch with GTC? Currently, if I delete a workout in GTC the workout stays on the 310. Since there appears to be a limit to the number of workouts, it would be useful if deleting on GTC would also delete on the 310XT.

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
08-25-2009, 03:58 AM
Any answers to this?

Would doing a soft reset delet the workouts - I'm a little wary of doing one and causing other problems, hence the 'dumb' question.

SEILOGRAMP
08-25-2009, 05:09 AM
Would doing a soft reset delet the workouts - I'm a little wary of doing one and causing other problems, hence the 'dumb' question.

You are referring to actual workouts and not activity history? Soft reset is just for shutting off the device when the buttons are locked. Similar to a force shutdown of your computer. It won't have any impact on your workouts. Other than a hard reset, I don't believe there is any way to bulk delete your workouts. A hard reset of course would delete everything, including all history, and give you the default workouts.

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
08-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks for that. Given that there is a limit to how many workouts can be stored, it becomes even more important for the device to synch with TC and to not retain any default workouts if reset.

But there hasn't yet been any answers to my original questions. Anybody out there care to respond?

KANSAIBEN
08-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Well, if memory serves me you are on a Mac, yes? In the PC version of GTC if you have more workouts in GTC than the allowed 25 unscheduled workouts, you are prompted when sending to the device which workouts should be sent. Now, if I'm not mistaken I believe there may be some know issues with GTC for Mac that doesn't correctly limit the number of courses/workouts you can send and you run into problems. Steve (saeedi) who posts here quite often knows the Mac version way better than I do, so he may chime in and correct me if I'm wrong on that, but maybe you can first confirm whether you are using a Mac or not first?

Also, thought I'd read somewhere here that work is being done on an updated version of mac GTC, which I'd guess would probably address this issue.

SAEEDI
08-25-2009, 03:27 PM
My experience with issues sending workouts to the 310 or the 305 are almost nil. My issues regarding sending large number of courses to the 305 is that you are not properly prompted to select which courses you wish to send.

I am hoping and excited to see what new features/bug fixes will be in the next release as it has been a while. Judging from the improved quality of Mac applications such as RoadTrip and BaseCamp, I am enthusiastic about a new version of Training Center.

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
08-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Well, if memory serves me you are on a Mac, yes? In the PC version of GTC if you have more workouts in GTC than the allowed 25 unscheduled workouts, you are prompted when sending to the device which workouts should be sent. Now, if I'm not mistaken I believe there may be some know issues with GTC for Mac that doesn't correctly limit the number of courses/workouts you can send and you run into problems. Steve (saeedi) who posts here quite often knows the Mac version way better than I do, so he may chime in and correct me if I'm wrong on that, but maybe you can first confirm whether you are using a Mac or not first?

Also, thought I'd read somewhere here that work is being done on an updated version of Mac GTC, which I'd guess would probably address this issue.
Yes on a Mac. I did use to send workouts to the 305 from Windoze GTC running under Parallels because of problems/difficulties with the Mac version GTC. Currently Parallels is having problems with ANT Agent and WIndoze, hence having to use Mac GTC now. Yes on WIndoze you are asked which unscheduled workouts you want to send in addition to the scheduled ones. That option does not occur with Mac GTC.

I guess from the replies that, for now at least, it's a question of wait and see what comes out with the new version of Mac GTC. Unless of course Parallels gets a fix sorted out for the ANT Agent problem first :) The race is on!!

I gather too, that the only way to bulk delete workouts from the 310 is to perform a hard reset. Would that be correct?

NDURANCERIDER
08-25-2009, 06:12 PM
I gather too, that the only way to bulk delete workouts from the 310 is to perform a hard reset. Would that be correct?

That's the only way I know of. I put in a request (Garmin Support (http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us/support)) for a bulk delete to be added.

Maybe if enough people ask, they'll add that feature in a future update.

April

SAEEDI
08-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Bulk delete was added in today's Garmin Connect maintenance update.

SAEEDI
08-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Currently Parallels is having problems with ANT Agent and WIndoze, hence having to use Mac GTC now.

The problem with Parallels and the ANT Agent is the ANT Stick driver at:

/System/Library/Extensions/SiLabsUSBDriver.kext

prevents Parallels from accessing the device. There is a workaround to this and that is to remove the ANT stick from the Mac, then issue the command in Terminal

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/SiLabsUSBDriver.kext

And then Parallels should be able to access the ANT Stick. Be warned though that once in a very blue moon, the Mac may kernel panic, so be safe and have documents saved.

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
08-26-2009, 03:29 AM
Thanks for that. Guess that will need doing anytime I want to use the ANT on Parallels. Still, a better workround then having to delete heaps of workouts.

Many thanks again