This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Virb 360: Broadcasting option for Android - any ETA?

Any chance to get Video Broadcasting support for an Android OS smartphone?
It works for IOS phones fine - but how about Android?
  • Any updates? YouTube broadcasting for Android OS?
  • Agreed, it is completely dumb that there is no Android live stream app... is their any HACK arounds for it?
  • Hey Garmin, are you going to implement this feature? Android OS YouTube broadcasting ?
  • I guess they will never do this if they have not implemented in the past ~2 years.

• Definietly they will not. Why? I have just got a vrib 360. Adv said Facebook and YouTube live. 

Facebook presented error message. I did a search on Google and it looks like many people have the same issue as Facebook live stream has not been working for a while. (1 year or so). However Garmin sell the virb 360 with these features. 

Actually their approach is not a surprise. 

Similar with some "cheap" product like vector 3, edge 1030. 

The two years warranty for vector 3 is not true. There are clear manufacturing issues with edge 1030 and now the feature which is advertised and does not work. 

The response is poor, feedbacks are unanswered. 

The only problem is this problem (lack of live stream) has never been mentioned in tests, however should be mentioned as this is a feature which is no longer there. 

I should have to use it today. As android user I got a used iPhone just about the Facebook live streaming and it did not work with iPhone. I was not aware of that. 

• +1, just tried to do a stream with my Ultra 30 and coundn't find the option then found that its only available for Apple.

• It does not work for apple too. I tried 5 days as ago. I got the information from them, the engineers are already aware of that.

This is for Facebook streaming. I have not had chance chance to test YouTube live yet. 

• I've been trying to get YouTube live streaming working again and now get the message "Live Streaming Failed - Live streaming is not enabled on your YouTube account" from the iOS app.

The https://www.youtube.com/features page shows that Live streaming is enabled for my account.

It all worked fine last time I tried about a year ago.

• Have you tried youtube yet?  I'd be interested to see if it worked.