Cannot reliably transfer from Garmin DashCam 55

I have a new Garmin DashCam 55 in my car which I'm trying to download videos from onto my iOS VIRB app on my iPhone 6. When sharing the gallery on the dashcam, I'm able to connect to its Wi-Fi access point. But when I launch the VIRB app, it doesn't immediately populate all of the saved and unsaved videos and photos. Most of the time, nothing appears after a few minutes. After re-connecting or re-launching several times, I was able to see a few thumbnails of videos once or twice. But then when I tried playing them back, the transfer was so slow and stuttered so much that they were basically unplayable. The dashcam is simply mounted at the top of my windshield as instructed, and I'm sitting in the drivers seat, operating my iPhone, so the two devices are in close proximity. What could be wrong?
Parents
  • Reyntest, thanks for the follow-up. I finally tried your sequence of steps, in which the unsaved videos are shown first on the unit itself, and then I connected to the device with my phone. I can confirm that the videos then appeared on the phone. I don't think this is SD card related (I've got an expensive fast Samsung SSD), and I don't really consider this a fix. It seems like the device has to somehow "prep" all the videos first in the gallery before they can be transmitted and viewed over the phone. I don't think too many people will easily stumble upon the necessary sequence. Could you please find out the reason for this behaviour? The device should really be able to serve up the videos immediately.
  • Reyntest, thanks for the follow-up. I finally tried your sequence of steps, in which the unsaved videos are shown first on the unit itself, and then I connected to the device with my phone. I can confirm that the videos then appeared on the phone. I don't think this is SD card related (I've got an expensive fast Samsung SSD), and I don't really consider this a fix. It seems like the device has to somehow "prep" all the videos first in the gallery before they can be transmitted and viewed over the phone. I don't think too many people will easily stumble upon the necessary sequence. Could you please find out the reason for this behaviour? The device should really be able to serve up the videos immediately.
Children
No Data