This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

broadcast over home wifi instead of LTE

I understand VIRB 360 live broadcasting works via a wifi connection between the camera and iPhone then connects to the internet via iPhone's cellular connection. My home wifi is way faster, how can I broadcast over wifi instead?
Thanks.
  • Hello,
    The simplest way is to use the Smart WiFi feature in the mobile app. Go to Settings( the gear ) -> WiFi Connections -> ADD NEW. Configure your home network ( the camera doesn't support 5-Ghz so those networks will not appear in the list ). At the end, the camera will connect to your home router. Android should automatically switch to the home network as well. If you are an iOS user you may have to manually switch to the home network on your phone. The app should find your camera on the home network.

From now on, when the camera detects your home network, it will automatically connect to it instead of creating it's own.

If you ever want to undo this, return to the same menu and forget the network.

Good luck!