This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

So, is Garmin going to release a new update for connection issues?

I know this has probably been beat to death, but is Garmin going to release an update to resolve these connection issues with the app? All these threads are from fall of 2016 and here we are in February of 2017 with no update to the firmware on the Ultra 30? Just last week I was using the 30 with the app on my phone, everything worked great. I found the update for the camera and installed 3.10.

Now, nothing connects, NOTHING! Miracast? Nope. VIRB app? Not a chance. Bluetooth? Forget it. It's useless now. When it was running on FW 2.70 it worked great! Post update, it's a paperweight. So I go to Garmin Express to perhaps revert back to the older firmware to at least get the camera working. Nope, not an option. And here we are operating on a firmware update that's months old now and all these connection issues are prevalent, where the heck is Garmin?! I see nothing from them on this issue, perhaps you guys know something I don't? Please enlighten me.
  • Hello,
    An updated version of the app has been released with improvements to Wi-Fi connect. There is an Android issue out of our control where some devices will not allow apps to connect to Wi-Fi networks they did not create.
    - Go to Settings->Wi-Fi and “forget” your cameras network
    - Return to the VIRB app
    - Setup the camera network
    This should resolve the connection problem.