This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Explore + Drive + Zumo XT = Who the *** knows?

So I get the new Zumo XT, and after realizing it really doesn't have weather and traffic, I go to set it up. There is a dialog to connect with Drive to evidently feed the weather, traffic's, and other data, and then there is another dialog for connecting with Explorer. So I download both, and finish the set up.

Drive is pretty straightforward, a conduit essentially to feed the XT with info.  Fine.  So I go back to Explore to get that going too, and hmm, it later says not compatible with the XT? Then why the heck does the XT have a sequence in the set up to link with Explorer?  So I read deeper, and deeper and it turns out that Explore can kind of work with the XT but it has to be through Drive. OK.

So I waste another hour reading through Garmins typically poor to non-existant documentation and I cannot find anything on how to somehow use Explore and Drive together to either pull tracks off the XT or visa versa. So what the heck is the point here? I get that Explore is supposed to allow you to download maps to generate waypoints and perhaps even routes when you're on the road, but if you cannot feed data between the app and the device, what good is it?

So far, it seems it's a total waste of 8GB of maps on my phone. Not surprising, Explore won't even let you install the maps on the SD Card. Typical.

If anyone has any tips or can point to some Intel on how these apps are supposed to work together, particularly with the Zumo XT, I'd very much appreciate the insight.

BTW, I have been using Mapsource/Basecamp for years. Solid there. Just would be nice to be able to adjust or create routes on the road a little easier. I thought Explore was just the ticket. Maybe not?

TIA.

• Same here....

So far it appears that my Zumo XT has been an absolute waste of money thanks to the uselessness of the Drive and Explore apps.

I can't load waypoints onto Explore. The upload 'wheel' flashes up for a split second then nothing.

I managed to upload tracks but they have been renamed in Explore (61 tracks named Day XX | Track XX in Basecamp)

Unable to sync with Zumo so those tracks are still in Explore & Explore mobile.

I've been using Garmin GPS units since 2006. 2 x 276c then 2 x Montana. Apart from screen failures, my experience has been pretty good. Basecamp took a while to learn but now I can do what I need to.

Explore is  unusable, rendering my £400 purchase useless Rage

• HI both, 

Do you have any updates on this ? Did Garmin finally come with a solution ? 

Thx, 

Pierre