This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Category colors gone in Garmin Connect Web Calendar :-(

As of this morning, the Calendar in Garmin Connect Web no longer shows different colors for different activities (running, swimming, strength training, etc), making it very hard to get a quick overview of my training history. Sure, there's the little pictograms, but that doesn't work nearly as well for getting an overview as a color scheme.

Does anyone know if coloring the different activities is still somehow possible?

To me, this seems the most moronic UI change imaginable. :-(

• Wondering why my Garmin Connect celndar activities are all green now when they used to be different colors depending on the activity type? I can't see any obvious way to change this?

• I'm also missing the colours in the calendar. I agree, that's what made it functional. At a glance I could get an understanding of the activities performed based on colour. Will add my feedback to the complaints link.

• A completely unnecessary change. I hope we can get enough people to reply here and post on their Facebook change to make them bring back color coding.... I have zero idea why on earth they would get rid of that.

• Replying here won't do much good as this is more of a user-to-user forum. Contacting Garmin support directly would be the best option. Even if they simply say "working as designed," they have to log the call. If they get enough of these, they will take action at some point.

• This change is AWFUL. Why would they remove our ability to customize our colors? It makes no sense. Now I'm forced to use green for all my activities? Seriously? I hate green. I'm a girl—I want my shades of pink and purple back!

Product Design 101: Don't remove functionality. Don't remove customization.

I submitted my complaint to Garmin, hoping someone there with half a brain realizes what a terrible change this is.

• Ha!  I want purple back too!  I just submitted a complaint as well.

• This happened once before, a few years ago. Many complaints later and they reverted back to the colours. This time is worse because of the transparency of the tiles. It's just all white, nothing stands out.

• Yes, when I googled for the issue, I found some triathlon forum posts from 2013 that discussed this. Someone at Garmin must really like uniform colors, to try again after 7 years...

• The color options really helped me, as well as all athletes visually see the different activities over the course of the week and month to monitor and adjust workouts.

This was the best snap shot of a month of what workouts were done and when and now, someone makes the poor decision to eliminate this option, WHY?

Ask us as the users first before eliminating a function or option, We use it!!

Please tell the developers to switch it back...please !!!

• This is a mistake, please revert to the old system.