This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Category colors gone in Garmin Connect Web Calendar :-(

As of this morning, the Calendar in Garmin Connect Web no longer shows different colors for different activities (running, swimming, strength training, etc), making it very hard to get a quick overview of my training history. Sure, there's the little pictograms, but that doesn't work nearly as well for getting an overview as a color scheme.

Does anyone know if coloring the different activities is still somehow possible?

To me, this seems the most moronic UI change imaginable. :-(

• I also contacted them through the chat this morning asking if there was a way to set the colors and got the same response that it was a website update. I said I *really* hope they reconsider this "update" because it's terrible and makes no sense for why they would do it (except thinking that goals, workouts, activities, training plans all need to be one color for some reason and to only have a little vertical bar of color that you can't change). Who ever came up with this idea AND that actually signed off on it needs to give their head a shake. 

• Agreed.  I submitted feedback at that link.

Garmin, please bring back the color coding, which is much more user friendly at a glance.  The change is NOT an improvement.

• I hope that this is a mistake. Terrible. 

• where are different colors for different activities in Calendar ?!

• The calendar has lost essential functionality! It's much harder now to determine a balanced cross training regime. I hope Garmin either changes it back OR at least allows manual color changes.

• The calendar has lost essential functionality! It's much harder now to determine a balanced cross training regime. I hope Garmin either changes it back OR at least allows manual color changes.

• Garmin, bring back color options for calendar view.  Color! Color! Color!  

• I was about to put the exact same posting on here, myself, before seeing that you had saved me the trouble.  I totally agree. I initially thought that, maybe, it  was a temporary measure while maintenance was being done or something but now it is still like that after several days, I am disappointed to think that it might be a permanent change.    It was SO MUCH easier to be able to pick out different activities using the different colours for the different categories.  I really hope Garmin realise this change is a change for the worse, rather than better and decide to change it back again.

I REALLY DO LIKE the fact that it  shows the slow/fast/faster speeds as different colours on my route maps, though. I think that is an ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT idea!

• Need colors! Hope they bring the it back!

• Thanks for that link. I submitted my 'idea' of getting the colors back!