This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Coach won't sync for benchmark run.

The watch just says "Set up a Garmin Coach training plan using Garmin Connect Mobile."

I have tried connecting via cable to Garmin Express & syncing there.

I have tried uninstalling Garmin Connect from my phone, forgetting the bluetooth connection, rebooting & setting up the watch as if it is new. 

The watch still just says "Set up a Garmin Coach training plan using Garmin Connect Mobile." I was very much looking forward to going for a benchmark run tonight, any advice?

• Fenix 5 plus, if that is relevant

• I have the same problem on a Garmin Forerunner 935.  Garmin Connect Mobile seems to work, saying the Benchmark run workout will be updated to the watch with the next sync, but no matter how many times I sync it is not on the watch.

• Rescheduling for the next day appeared to do the trick.

• I have fenix 6, same issues with benchmark run. Rescheduling solved this for me as well

• If you're looking to start it today rather than reschedule later in the week, just reschedule it to the next day, then reschedule it back to today. That's what I did to avoid waiting to start it later.

• Same problem here with coach training plans on both Fenix 5 and Forerunner 735 via iPhones. 

• I have the same problem with a Garmin Vivoactive 3 music. I am about 12 weeks into a half marathon plan, and all of a sudden the watch stops syncing the workouts. It appears that it is ONLY the garmin coach workouts: if I create a workout manually it syncs. When I try the Garmin Express app it informs me that that the "device in incompatible", very strange that the device should be rendered incompatible 12 weeks into the program. Tried all the internet tricks: uninstall app, forget bluetooth, reset watch. Tried adding a new workout, tried moving workouts around (since you can't edit the coach workouts). Nothing works. Really frustrated. 

• Same problem here with Garmin Vivoactive 3.  I have been having issues for days, tried all the tips and ended up quitting Coach Greg's plan and restarting his plan, but to no avail!  I read that some have had luck with with changing the Garmin coach ex. quit Greg's training plan and switch to Coach Jeff and then reschedule the benchmark app to the next day.  I did this and my benchmark run did appear on my watch, but now I need to do my benchmark run for the 3rd time.

• I'm experiencing this as well on my Vivoactive 4S. Here's what I've tried with no luck:

• moving the benchmark run to different days and back to today
    • Quitting the coach and starting with a new coach
    • Restarting the device
    • Shaking my first with rage 
  • Were you ever able to get this issue resolved? I have the same problem.