This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Custom Workouts

I am using the custom workout on Garmin Connect for the first time. I have been using random workouts from www.Darebee.com and would like to keep track of my daily workouts.
I like that you have a lot of different exercises already, but many times the names they use, or the names I use are not what Garmin uses. For instance, I am a US Navy Diver. We do an exercise called 8 Count Body Builders. You have Burpees, but no 8 Count Body Builders. I'm told they are similar, but different. I've never been told how to do a Burpee, but I do a lot of 8 Counts. I cringe when people call my 8 Count a 'Burpee" because it sounds less than as "manly" as an 8 Count Body Builder does.

So one suggestion would be for an 'Add Custom Exercise Name' feature in the drop down menu. Something that I can put in "Hello Darlings" as an exercise instead of trying to figure out what you call them in civilian speak, or what Darebee is calling the exercise compared to what Garmin is calling them. And when you add the new named exercise, keep it in my drop down menu.

Another suggestion is to add a feature for repeat. I am doing 9 exercises with a 2 minute rest between each set. For instance today's workout was:

20 lunges
20 Side Leg Raises
20 Squats
20 Climbers
20 Punches
10 Push-ups
10 Plank Jump-ins
10 Side Bridges
20 Flutter Kicks

Of these exercises, a number of them were not included in your drop down menu, which goes back to Suggestion #1.

I did these 3 times with a 2 minute rest after finishing all 9 exercises. I hope I'm making sense here. I would suggest a way to put in all 9 exercises, and then say repeat 2 more times. You have a report for Reps and Sets, however it would be nice to not have to enter all 27 exercises.