This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Blood Pressure Stats

Does Garmin Connect support blood pressure readings? If so, what is the best device or service to use to upload that data? If not, when will it support blood pressure data?
  • No, it doesn't.

There is no reason to assume (or pretend) that Garmin Connect will support the tracking of Garmin wearable fitness product users' blood pressure, either, given blood pressure is more related to health generally than activity-related fitness. Consumer wearable fitness technology today is not designed to be personal quasi-medical monitoring devices/platforms, and if anyone has an interest in tracking that data, he/she really ought to be looking further afield.
  • Blood Pressre Tracking

I track my BP using My Fitness Pal. It does not sync with anything. You have to put all data manually. You cant put Sys, Dia, BP on one report. You can print it. I take mine to the Dr. with me.

I would NOT buy an Omron monitor. It is supposed to automatically upload from the machine to it's proprietary software via blue tooth. Read the blogs, most, I mean MOST people have a lot or problems with this. The work-around is awful. Customer support is awful. There are some great solutions out there. Even FUN products out there. One I've seen actually has a cradle to upload the data from your phone to your PC. Happy hunting.
  • There is no reason to assume (or pretend) that Garmin Connect will support the tracking of Garmin wearable fitness product users' blood pressure, either, given blood pressure is more related to health generally than activity-related fitness. Consumer wearable fitness technology today is not designed to be personal quasi-medical monitoring devices/platforms, and if anyone has an interest in tracking that data, he/she really ought to be looking further afield.

Maybe not yet, but I would not be surprised to see Garmin add it. Either by them self, linking to another site, or supporting a 3 rd party BP monitor

Withings has fitness trackers with HR, digital scales, and BP monitors. And include a food tracker in their app.

Omron has all 3, but there fitness devices are fairly simple and I don't think that 3 products are integrated.

IHealth has all 3.
  • Found this thread by searching the same topic. It would be really nice if there was some way to move 3rd party BP data to Garmin Connect. At the very least let folks enter some basic metrics manually in connect for tracking/graphing alongside weight/etc.
  • I agree with posting #3. I use FitnessPal and Garmin exclusively. I take my blood pressure on a standalone Omron HEM-790IT and I manually key in the Sys and Dia into FitnessPal using the Check-in tab. Graphs available under the Reports Tab. Yes, I would like it to be integrated wirelessly, just like my Garmin Intelligent Scale or my Vivoactive HR but nothing is there yet. It would seem that Blood Pressure is one of those last measurements that remains proprietary with the BP manufacturers. They want you to use their Android/Apple App for wireless integration.

If anybody knows if the Omron BP786N 10 Series will upload to MyfitnessPal on my Android, I would be very interested in hearing from you.

Barry T. ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1241149.jpg
  • I have this Omron Blood Pressure model. I too was having BT communications issues with the Omron app but it's been pretty good lately. I took a look on the MFP site and didn't see how it would connect to the Omron. I also looked at the community posts and while the scale does connect i couldn't find anything about the BP monitor.
  • [h=1]Optical blood pressure estimation with photoplethysmography and FFT-based neural networks[/h] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4986809/

actually, it's possible to use optical HR sensor to predict blood pressure, sci paper from BioMed on 2016 Aug 1.
  • As a senior athlete I measure my BP daily.
    I use IHealth that transfers BP data to its proprietary sw. The data is then automatically transferred to TactioHealth that has great graphic capabilities
    I also would like to see my BP data on GC.
  • Hey all, I use Tactio health app for my central health stats. Here is the configurations I have.
    Garmin Fenix 3 HR.
    Garmin connect mobile app.
    I then connect to the garmin mobile app.
    - My fitness pal for food calorie tracting and goal setting.
    - Strava connection for sharing my stats and keeping track of performance.
    - Garmin connect writes data to my Apple health app.
    - Garmin index scales - sends my weight to garmin connect all the time.
    - Bought a Omron Evolv for blood pressure. This sends data to my Omron connect app which writes BP data also to apple health app.

With tactio
    I have connected
    - Garmin connect app whch writes to it all activity data and my weight from the scales.
    - My fitness pal for all my calorie intake.
    - Apple health which sends the BP data.

So I have food intake, weight, BP(Blood pressure), steps, activities and sleep all tracked all under Tactio. I have been tracking my weight and activities now for about 4 years. Its great.

Here is a link to the app.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tactio-health/id477774973?mt=8
  • . Consumer wearable fitness technology today is not designed to be personal quasi-medical monitoring devices/platforms

Apple does!
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeanbaptiste/2018/09/14/apple-watch-4-is-now-an-fda-class-2-medical-device-detects-falls-irregular-heart-rhythm/