This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect Golf Dashboard Issues

Is anyone else finding that the Shot Edit / Add functionality is not working on some courses and is improperly locating the green on others? This is a recent problem that has appeared in the last few weeks and now I am not using the Shot add function because it breaks the data.

I have sent the problem to Garmin Support and have not yet heard of a solution. I'm wondering how wide spread the issue is ... or is it only me?
  • Not just you.
    A problem that I think has recently appeared is that, sometimes, when you do shot editing the software loses the location of the green and sets the green location as top left corner of the map. No way to recover the correct green location when this has happened.
    Other that that, I haven't seen major problems.
    The whole thing is a bit clunky though.

• Meant to add this to illustrate.
  • This is also happening for me.It started occurring a couple of weeks ago
    I have found that if i add another shot and place it on the green and don't select a club, the yardages for my approach shots will remain more or less correct
  • Hi DigitalTexan
    I see you say you have reported problem to Garmin Support. I cannot find any contact details for them. Can you point me at where you found it please.

My issue is so annoying and renders the graphical views pretty well useless as any edit around the green creates nonsense results.

Tks
    Stuart
  • Not just you.
    A problem that I think has recently appeared is that, sometimes, when you do shot editing the software loses the location of the green and sets the green location as top left corner of the map. No way to recover the correct green location when this has happened.

Yes just discovered this issue on my last round - now several of my holes have chip shots with crazy distances of to the top left. Also I noticed that if you delete all the shots from a hole, there is no way to get back to that hole to put in shots that you had.
  • Was about to make a post about this problem.. I have the same issue.

Also, is there a way to edit the scorecard on just the strokes shot. Like where you see the whole scorecard on the main menu. I saw someone on youtube who had a little pencil on the right of the scorecard and could edit the scorecard afterwards. I only can edit a specific shot like the picture above, and then it gets errors.

I don't have that little pencil next to my scorecard to edit it.

Also: Afterwards i saw my handicap wasn't filled in correctly. (playing stableford) so i changed it, so i would need to get 3 more points. But the scorecard won't change my points on those holes, but it is showing 1 more black dot saying a get 1 more shot on that hole. Very strange it doens't update the score then. (don't mind my bad english)
  • The same thing with shots towards the left corner happens to me as well. I then manually add a shot on the green and declare it a put (choose putter as club used). That solves it most of the times.
  • Garmin have now raised a support case for me on the loss of green location issue and one other. Hopefully they will get to the bottom of it.
    The second issue I raised was that, on some holes, the picture would show my tee shot ending at the green rather than connecting to the location of my second shot. So the data send to have two sets of data for the same hole.
    ?????
  • I don't have that little pencil next to my scorecard to edit it.

Hi,
    The edit pencil is only visible if using Connect through a browser. At least, it is in my case. Hope this helps.
  • My golf round scores no longer appear on my vivoactive3. The map of the course appears but not the hole scores. I have deleted the FIT files as previously but this doesn't help.