Windows 10 Mobile Fall Creators Update

The next update to Windows 10 Mobile ("Windows 10 Mobile Fall Creators Update") is due in October (sometime). The change log published in Windows Central (https://www.windowscentral.com/windo...lete-changelog) has some changes that hopefully will make a difference...
- Improvements to power and performance for apps, such as Fitbit, for pair, connect, sync and notifications.
- Improvements to the reliability of notifications for apps with a paired Bluetooth device, such as Fitbit.
- Improvements to Bluetooth connectivity with Garmin Wearable devices.
- Fixed a notification issue between the Bluetooth Support Service and device background services for fitness bands.

Have any Insiders found their stability has improved since the last production (Creators Update) was released? Should I be hopeful that things will get better?
  • I've missed the information about the Fall Creators Update. Thank you.
    However, i'm using the latest fast insider version dubbed 15252 and the sync does not work properly at all. Steps/stairs are synchronized but no run session is uploaded to GCM.
    It seems that we already had an update called "- Improvements to Bluetooth connectivity with Garmin Wearable devices." that didn't fix anything.
    (I mean: if the fix has already been pushed to the fast insider version, it does not work on my Lumia 950)
  • Same here, also using latest fast insider build and the Bluetooth connection is still unreliable. I have posted about this already in Microsoft forums but I do not think they will anything there. Notifications are working fine most of the times as long as GCM is allowed to run in background always. The battery drain is still a big issue...

Bye
  • I will be happy, when my problem will be unstable bluetooth connection (because I do not have any problems with this). My problem is non-functional GCM (aside from big bug, when I am not able to share photo, when phone is set to different language than english) for synchronization and notification (maybe when I set it to run always in background, but then my battery last only few hours).
  • I read yesterday that Microsoft decided to end the developement of Windows 10 mobile,therefore I think the further developement of CGM for Windows will also end in near future :(
  • I do not think so. As the GCM application is a universal platform app (UWP) there is no such a big effort to publish it for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile. A lot of people have moved to Garmin devices because Garmin still supports Windows 10 Mobile, they would be really silly to let down those people and risk them to move to other companies (like Fitbit). Still of course there is a change Garmin lets this happen, but in my opinion this would be a wrong decision.
  • I think you are fooling yourself Talkabout. Microsoft abandoned Windows 10 Mobile about two years ago, and only just made it official. But the lack of development and fixes shows that they have no interest in fixing things. They said there will be no further hardware or software development, only security fixes.

I don't think it is as easy as you say to publish a W10M application if a W10 application has already been created, UWP or not. The W10 version of GCM has been around and worked fine on my PC, but GCM on W10M has never worked except for one or two syncs after a new installation. The Bluetooth stacks are completely different for a start, and that appears to be the problem.

Anyway, I don't have to worry any longer. I shall post why in a separate thread soon.
  • The development for the Win10 App will go on, I am pretty sure about that. And even few of the changes they have to make for the Win10M version are not a reason to completely let down all the people using Garmin devices with Windows 10 Mobile. I could be wrong, of course, but also Garmin should know that they have a lot of customers moved to their devices because of the still existing support for Windows 10 Mobile. And with this in mind, what would be the reason to let them down and move to other companies?

The future will show.

Bye
  • I think you are fooling yourself Talkabout. Microsoft abandoned Windows 10 Mobile about two years ago, and only just made it official. But the lack of development and fixes shows that they have no interest in fixing things. They said there will be no further hardware or software development, only security fixes.

I don't think it is as easy as you say to publish a W10M application if a W10 application has already been created, UWP or not. The W10 version of GCM has been around and worked fine on my PC, but GCM on W10M has never worked except for one or two syncs after a new installation. The Bluetooth stacks are completely different for a start, and that appears to be the problem.

Anyway, I don't have to worry any longer. I shall post why in a separate thread soon.

I agree with first sentence. With rest more or less. With my wife's Vivofit 3 we were not able to do sync with two different computers and two different phones (pairing was always without problems). Now she is in trap, because she is not able to synchronize this device. Over bluetooth it is not working and ant+ stick is not in package. I know, we can buy it, but in our country it costs more than half of price of device. We need to buy it only because Garmin is not able to make application which is working with Windows 10 (not Windows 10 Mobile, which has small market share, but Windows 10, which I think has very good market share).

But I also agree with Talkabout, that it will be very bad, if they don't care about people, which buy their devices, because they supported Windows 10 mobile. But as it seems, it is exactly what they do. I know that i mention it in almost every post, but how much effort you need to fix sharing photo from GCM, if your phone language is not set to english? And this bug is there so long without any fix.
  • Anyone tested final fall creators update? Should I bother with testing it?