GCM 3.22 released

Hi guys,

Garmin rolled out GCM 3.22 for Windows Phone today. I am still testing but started to having issues with notifications again. Will report about Bluetooth stability and battery drain in some time.

Bye
  • coming back on this topic, I do confirm i cannot manage connect IQ apps from the phone, actually they do not even appear on GCM, Application, widget, data field are empty on GCM, but i can correctly see and manage them from garmin express... this is a step backward.
  • For me:

- notifications are not reliable, it is even worse than with the previous version
    - Bluetooth stability seems to not have improved
    - battery drain still the same

I have tried to reinstall GCM a few times and set it up from scratch, but still same issues. I am running Windows Phone Insider 15245, maybe this is the problem, because it seems for other people running official release it works fine.

Bye
  • Nothing new on my side. The app oddly works. Sometimes I get notification, sometimes it wont. I never had the notification of a sms though.
    Every other day, I can't upload my training.
  • For me:

- notifications are not reliable, it is even worse than with the previous version
    - Bluetooth stability seems to not have improved
    - battery drain still the same

I have tried to reinstall GCM a few times and set it up from scratch, but still same issues. I am running Windows Phone Insider 15245, maybe this is the problem, because it seems for other people running official release it works fine.

Bye

I'm also on insider fast ring but the notifications works as wrote above, the strange thing is that are working for all except email (calls, Skype, WhatsApp, messages ok). The only particular situation I've reset the smartphone two weeks ago for other software problem. It's really strange to have such different situations between users of same OS............. :-(

• Yes totally bizarre.

Over the weekend I could list installed Connect IQ apps, but couldn't new ones to install. Notifications come sometimes, then not others

Also, I got into one of my sync jams and had to use Express with the cable to clear it.

Two things that are new - when I installed the 3.22 update it asked for access to Notifications. Hadn't seen that before. And now and then I'm getting system notifications - toasts - telling me to run GCM.

Completely inconsistent.

• I've seen now that when I've installed again GCM after reset of my 950XL I believed that restoring user profile restoring also options in notification but was not so and Outlook Mail wasn't checked, now notifications are working again also for mail. Control music works as before as I open Groove, not able to start song if Groove is not already started.
  • Strange thing here: when my phone is connected to the charging cable notifications work reliably, but when running on battery they are not coming. There seems to be a power management issue with current fast insider build.

Can somebody please verify that?

Thanks!

Bye
  • Strange thing here: when my phone is connected to the charging cable notifications work reliably, but when running on battery they are not coming. There seems to be a power management issue with current fast insider build.

Can somebody please verify that?

Thanks!

Bye

For me is the same under cable or battery