GCM 3.22 released

Hi guys,

Garmin rolled out GCM 3.22 for Windows Phone today. I am still testing but started to having issues with notifications again. Will report about Bluetooth stability and battery drain in some time.

Bye
  • Hy, until now I've received TWO calls notifications, it was the first time in my life!!!! :-D The other warking as before insider update of Windows Mobile, not always but more often than 3.20 ver. Hope it's a step forward :-)
    More fast connection to app of the watch in Connect IQ (before I've always to restar phone to enter in this menu)
  • Good news, I will try notifications tonight with Edge 820 (new FMW also available). Does anybody know where to find a change log for GCM under WM OS?

cheers
  • I have never seen any changelog for GCM at all. Are there changelogs available for Android/iOS?

Bye
  • Microsoft Lumia 650
    GCM 3.22
    VivoActive HR

Good:
    App launches without crashing (so far 100%)
    App launch is slightly faster (could be placebo effect)
    Weight entry bug is fixed
    Sync is faster

Bad:
    Sleep bar is not coloured, it's black (hard to see now)
    Cannot mange Connect IQ apps (they never load)
    After syncing, sometimes the Activity count doesn't update (shows entry for Move IQ after restart of GCM but Move IQ is off! The actual activity isn't showing!)

Ugly:
    If Bluetooth is OFF when GCM is launched, GCM will remove your device (but it will still be paired in Bluetooth settings. You need to un-pair first before pairing it back)

I'm still monitoring Notifications, Weather, Music and Calendar but have been receiving notifications with a very slight delay (SMS, WhatsApp & Cortana). GCM is NOT set to "Always running in background"

• I am facing issues with notifications. Sometimes they hit the watch but then suddenly not any more. Also I am not receiving notifications for Skype at all. I have also removed the setting to allow GCM run in background always.

Concerning weather widget: on the first page it shows the current weather situation, that also works on my watch. But when I enter the widget (select button) I only see "waiting for data". Is anybody else able to see something different?

Bye
  • I am facing issues with notifications. Sometimes they hit the watch but then suddenly not any more. Also I am not receiving notifications for Skype at all. I have also removed the setting to allow GCM run in background always.

Concerning weather widget: on the first page it shows the current weather situation, that also works on my watch. But when I enter the widget (select button) I only see "waiting for data". Is anybody else able to see something different?

Bye

No, I see both, current situation e forecast. For notification the news is that I never lost an entry calls (when phone ring immediatly vivoactive reacts!) but I'm loosing mail, works with WhatsApp and messages, still not tested with Skype
  • Lumia 950
    GCM 3.22

Since i have ve the release preview (15063.540) installed, all notifications work well. Sometimes with a little delay for sms or emails (notifications arrive on my netbook with exactly the same delay). VAHR vibrates quickly after phone receives a call, that's great.
    Weather widget, music control,... are fine.
    Connection between phone and Watch is ok, even if GCM is off : i launch it, vahr connects, then close it, vahr remains connected and works well. It also re-connects after switching airplane mode from on to off (even if GCM is off...seems that it crashes during few hours on airplane mode). Must be working in background even if it doesn't appear when i press "back" button 2 seconds. (set to "always work).

Issues :
    battery drain : phone says GCM consuption is high, even if it has been off (periods when watch says "connected"). That's strange...
    activity syncing never works (only sleep time, HR, steps...and other "basic" datas)

3.22 does not seem to consume less, nor sync better

Changes i noticed :
    - sleep bar is black (but coloured in the day-per-day/details view)
    - sync hour seems to be ok
  • Using a 950XL and experiencing battery drain, still no notifications, synchronization fails and an inability to view information. The Snapshot screen reads "Unable to load content. Please try again later."
    Why does it feel as though Garmin is taking ten steps BACKWARDS!
  • hello guys,

on my side, there is a great improvement, i can now receive notifications for the first time -tried only with SMS-, they are arriving with a bit of delay 1,5sec compare to android where it is instantaneous. but let's not be picky, at least we are moving on the right directions.

I have no issues to sync, but did not try yet the connect IQ settings from phone. Regarding the batterie drain I cannot say much as I used garmin only when riding, even if it is set as always allow in background

L930, 15063.540
    Edge 820, FWM 8.4

PS : still need to remove parenthesis to be able to post
  • 3.22 has improved here too. Notifications appearing more regularly, music controls work ... a bit, doesn't take 5 or 6 attempts to start the app, syncing is reliable. All so far, I've been disappointed with new releases before. One thing that's not working is Connect IQ from the app. This worked sometimes in 3.20.

Battery use isn't awful. It's the third biggest consumer, which is fair as I've been using it a lot testing, etc. Set to Managed by Windows.

Oh, weights enter correctly again.

One thing I've noticed in all versions up to 3.20 is that if a widget (or face, etc) needs updating this would screw up the syncing. Needed to be synced by cable to Express to clean up.