GCM 4.0 seems to work!

Suddenly receiving notifications after updating to 4.0 - hopefully frustration will be over
  • Not seeing an update and hopefully it fixes things.
    With Fitbit announcing the water resistant Ionic, staying with Garmin isn't that easy of a choice.
  • I'm not sure if it constitutes trolling, but personally I'd be happy to see you throw money at Fitbit on the Ionic, and then give a frank critique afterwards (since it's your money and satisfaction at stake) whether it was worth it.

I don't believe total satisfaction is a consumer right/entitlement; the market is full of compromises (which differ from one consumer's perspective to another) and it's about choosing wisely and consciously living with what isn't delivered or achieved.

Seriously, the most (realistic, as opposed to idealistic) favourable outcome is that there are products F and G on the market, and while G satisfies 80% of what I want and only 60% of what you want, F only satisfies 60% of what I want and 75% of what you want, so I choose to spend my money on G and you choose F; then the question is who gets to reconcile better with what isn't there.
  • 4.0! Maybe the OP is from the far future.
  • I'm not sure if it constitutes trolling, but personally I'd be happy to see you throw money at Fitbit on the Ionic, and then give a frank critique afterwards (since it's your money and satisfaction at stake) whether it was worth it.

I don't believe total satisfaction is a consumer right/entitlement; the market is full of compromises (which differ from one consumer's perspective to another) and it's about choosing wisely and consciously living with what isn't delivered or achieved.

Seriously, the most (realistic, as opposed to idealistic) favourable outcome is that there are products F and G on the market, and while G satisfies 80% of what I want and only 60% of what you want, F only satisfies 60% of what I want and 75% of what you want, so I choose to spend my money on G and you choose F; then the question is who gets to reconcile better with what isn't there.

I'm not expecting any more from Garmin than they deliver to iPhone and Android customers. When they deliver less is when things become unacceptable.
    Some of these failures are not solely on the shoulders of Garmin but they do have a hand in the pot.

I'm glad the possibility of me spending money on a Fitbit excites you. I just hope it motivates Garmin to get their act together and provide the same features to Windows Phone customers as they do customers on other platforms.
  • 4.0! Maybe the OP is from the far future.

Could be so far advanced they made the jump from 3.20 to 4.0
    Still, not really concerned about the number, just hope it fixes the notification issues.
  • Anybody else received update to GCM 4.0? There is no update I can see...
  • 4.0 doesn't even exist for Android or iOS, and I highly doubt Windows will get it first :)
  • Sorry, misleading title - DEVICE updated to ver. 4.0. Windows phone app still at 3.20. However 24 hours later, still receiving notifications & app receiving activity data.
    So maybe it is not Microsoft or the phone app that is at fault.