Connect Mobile 3.20

Any idea what is new with Connect Mobile 3.20?
Synchronizing seems faster but still nothing new with notifications.
  • Profile picture in the centre of the top edge of the slide-out 'hamburger' menu.
  • Wtf?? Bt is on. Sync process is green but i can't see any activity update on the dashboard. this is frustrating.ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1232268.png
  • From time-to-time, a new GCM version does some weird things when you first start to use it. Try rebooting your watch. Also turn off BT on the phone. Go to Garmin devices in GCM and turn BT on from there and wait about 20 seconds and it should connect.
  • I wasn't aware of when the GCM app was updated for Windows, but I've noticed for about the past week that every time I try to sync, it shows a green bar stating that the sync was completed, but no data is updated. I've tried power cycling the Vivoactive HR and my phone with no change. The only way I've been able to sync my activity is to use the USB cable with my PC.

I first opted into the Insider fast ring on Build 15228 last month specifically because one of the improvements was Bluetooth connectivity with Garmin devices. At first, I was receiving more frequent notifications on my wrist from the phone, and the Bluetooth settings on my phone showed it was connected to Vivoactive HR every time I looked. I still get occasional updates, but I can't sync data and most of the time when I check the phone's Bluetooth settings, there are no devices connected.
  • From time-to-time, a new GCM version does some weird things when you first start to use it. Try rebooting your watch. Also turn off BT on the phone. Go to Garmin devices in GCM and turn BT on from there and wait about 20 seconds and it should connect.

Hi Phil, thanks for the advice. I have a fenix 5s on software version 4.10. GCM is 3.20, WM10 is build 15230.0. Have tried your suggestions, and those of others on another tread. Do i need to upgrade to the beta release for the device software? even uninstalled and installed the app again. My device will not pair with the phone. I am getting a little frustrated as this is an expensive device and I bought it because it supported windows mobile. Should have gone further and checked this forum before purchasing. I know Fitbit and Microsoft are beta testing together with the Fitbit blaze that will support notifications. Maybe this will be a better option for windows mobile users.
  • I wish I could help you but I really know very little about windows mobile. All my experience is with Android with a smattering of iOS. There are lots of threads about Windows mobile in the forum so it would pay to do some searches maybe. Also, I can't speak for other regions but tech support in North America has been very good in my experience.
  • Here lately the HR+ syncs with Connect Mobile but the stats are not updated.
    Also, it feels as though push notifications are held back by the app and randomly dumped to the HR+ all at once.

Really hope Garmin gets their act together soon.