This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Update Windows 10 Mobile Build 15063.483 WOW - Finally all features working!

Hi,
yesterday morning (GMT) I receaved the firmware update on my Lumia 950.
I have a vivoactive HR with GCM 1.19.0.0.
Until yesterday only sincronization worked and not always...

After rebooting phone when udate was finished...notifications begin to work!
Now I'm regulary receaving notifications from email, SMS, calls, Telegram (I dont' use WA)...realy amazing!
Find my Phone, Play Music and Weather widgets work very well also!
No need to reinstall GCM. I was astonished!
Now I'm very interested to see how long it will work.
  • This is interesting, because I am in the fast ring and received the fixes a few weeks back. For me notifications are also working, but the music widget does not and never did. Maybe this is a fast ring build issue again.

Bye
  • I too received 15063.483 on my Lumia 950 yesterday. I am running GCM 3.19.0.0 to connect to a fenix 5 running SW v4.10.

This has dramatically improved the performance. Previously I did not get any notifications, calendar events or weather data if GCM was the active app and synchronisation had stopped working since 3.19.0.0.

With 15063 I initially got notifications and calendar events but synchronisation and live tiles were broken. A soft reset and toggling Live Tile enable appear to have fixed that too. I say appear as it has only been a few hours. Like Robytestore I have not reinstalled GCM nor have I re-paired my phone.

The Music widget says "Start Music on Phone" but if I enter the widget whilst still saying that you can Pause and in-Pause music. So it really isn't working.

UV Index app still does not work.

Weather widget keeps "Waiting for data" but does contain some forecast information, although current day appears inaccurate/out of date.

All-in-all a very promising change! Looking forward to 3.20.0.0 (due any day now based on standard release cadence) to see if that improves things further.

Will report back if any of this changes.
  • With the new firmware/GCM versions several weird things happen.

Notification not working always.
    Activities are not synching. Not sure why. If i connect to the PC it uploads the sessions but on mobile it does not and the training stays on the vivosmart folder.
    Weirdest thing is that it synchs everything else but the Vivosmart HR does not even show as connected to the phone on the BT page.

• After a week on 15063.483 and now with GCM 3.19.0.0 I find I get *most* notifications. The ones I do not get are sometimes due to GCM crashing. The others there appears to be no reason for.

Activity syncing is the real issue at the moment - I don't think it has successfully uploaded an activity yet. Daily stats (steps, heart rate, floors climbed etc) work.

In summary - this is as good as it has ever been for me but is still a way off being they way it should be. Keep up the work Microsoft and Garmin!
  • After a week on 15063.483 and now with GCM 3.19.0.0 I find I get *most* notifications. The ones I do not get are sometimes due to GCM crashing. The others there appears to be no reason for.

Activity syncing is the real issue at the moment - I don't think it has successfully uploaded an activity yet. Daily stats (steps, heart rate, floors climbed etc) work.

In summary - this is as good as it has ever been for me but is still a way off being they way it should be. Keep up the work Microsoft and Garmin!

In my case the problem is that the watch is losing connection to the phone. This happens even if GCM has not crashed. I have to reopen GCM then and most of the time the watch connects. Sometimes I need to deactivate/active Bluetooth or restart the phone.

Are you facing similar issues?

Bye
  • I cannot add my new device to Garmin connect mobile upon first time setup. have followed the pairing instructions to add the device via the app but t Garmin connect cannot "find" my fenix 5s (though it has recognised it). I have removed the device from the phone, reset Bluetooth and rebooted the device and phone. Tried to add the device again via Garmin connect. Still does not find the device. The phone picks up the device when I add it to Bluetooth manually. can't use my fenix 5s as I intended. Phone is windows Lumia 950xl running OS version 15063.483. Garmin Connect mobile installed version 3.20.0.0. Anyone else experienced this?
  • Now on 15603.540 (GCM 3.20)......And we have gone backwards! Syncing is still working but Music no longer works, Notifications are sporadic and activities don't upload (have to use USB!).
    So Garmin, what happened? Or is it Microsoft's fault again?
  • Have you set your battery settings to allow GCM to be "always allowed in background"? Without that notifications are not really working.
  • I have tried all the builds below with the GCM 3.20, and i was unbale to get notifications on any of those to my Edge 820 FMW V8.0 from L930. All tricks displayed or shared on various threads have been tried without luck. If a garmin edge 820 user managed to get notifications, i will be happy to know how... I am tired of doing WDRT, reboot, backup, restore, pair, unpair, Hard reset ...... I saw different behaviour on WM and the one I am on now 15063.540 does not display the edge 820 on the confidentiality settings, other equipment; but the sync looks working great as well changing connect IQ app from phone.
    • 15240 L930 spoofed as L950XL, insider fast
    • 15235 L930 spoofed as L950XL, insider fast
    • 15063.540 L930 spoofed as L950XL, insider preview
    • 15063.251 L930 spoofed as L950XL, insider preview
    • 14393.1066 L930
    • 14393.6xx L930

Is the problem then really with GCM 3.20? it looks various Garmin products have completely different behaviour

Sorry I had to remove all parenthesis to ba able to post and avoid JSON error!

cheers!
  • I haven't set GCM to 'always allow', mostly due to the massive battery drain.
    I'm guessing we should be seeing an update for GCM soon, so will see what happens with that
    Will also check for any new builds from Microsoft (That's the Release Preview ring for me, as the fast ring isn't stable enough for my liking!)