Bug List (GCM 3.19, W10M Build 15228)

Hi, I would like to introduce a new thread list that should collect all bugs for a given GCM/W10M combination.

Known issues:

- Battery drain (big issue, GCM is using more than 50% of battery in background)
- Bluetooth connection is lost way too often (also if phone is lying nearby)
- Watch is not reconnecting automatically when lost Bluetooth connection.
- When a notification is received on the phone and the watch is not connected, GCM reconnects to the watch but does not push the received notification.
- Sync is not reliable, especially when an app should be installed
- it happens sometimes that GCM shows a successful sync (green bar) but the data was not transferred from the watch.
- Music controls do not work at all (always waiting for connection to the phone). If the music control widget opens and has connection, it is not possible to start music.
- impossible to download Golf course from mobile phone (always waiting for connection to the phone)
- impossible to sync more data than the first screen (=actual day) on Fenix5 (always waiting for connection to the phone)
- app crashes on startup and need to be started a few times. Sometimes only a phone reboot helps.

Please post your problems and I will update the list so Garmin has an overview of what issues we are facing.

Bye
  • Hi, ASmugDill -

Odd. Not the same sequence for me. From Snapshots tapping Steps should take you to Step Details which only shows current day (not week). Tapping/sliding back from here goes to Dec 29th 2017, rather than yesterday. Hamburger/Activities/Steps goes to weekly view and works fine - i.e. backs to previous week.

Same with GCM on PC too.
  • Posted this on another thread but since you are collating bugs .....
    I cannot add my new device to Garmin connect mobile upon first time setup. have followed the pairing instructions to add the device via the app but t Garmin connect cannot "find" my fenix 5s (though it has recognised it). I have removed the device from the phone, reset Bluetooth and rebooted the device and phone. Tried to add the device again via Garmin connect. Still does not find the device. The phone picks up the device when I add it to Bluetooth manually. can't use my fenix 5s as I intended. Phone is windows Lumia 950xl running OS version 15063.483. Garmin Connect mobile installed version 3.20.0.0. Anyone else experienced this?
    I have also tried paring the watch to GCM on my desktop and that also does not find my device
  • Posted this on another thread but since you are collating bugs .....
    I cannot add my new device to Garmin connect mobile upon first time setup. have followed the pairing instructions to add the device via the app but t Garmin connect cannot "find" my fenix 5s (though it has recognised it). I have removed the device from the phone, reset Bluetooth and rebooted the device and phone. Tried to add the device again via Garmin connect. Still does not find the device. The phone picks up the device when I add it to Bluetooth manually. can't use my fenix 5s as I intended. Phone is windows Lumia 950xl running OS version 15063.483. Garmin Connect mobile installed version 3.20.0.0. Anyone else experienced this?
    I have also tried paring the watch to GCM on my desktop and that also does not find my device

You are using the current production version of W10M (16063.XXX). I would suggest to create another thread with the same naming convention I am using for the preview versions and then post your bugs there, as otherwise it might get confusing as versions are mixed up.

Bye
  • You are using the current production version of W10M (16063.XXX). I would suggest to create another thread with the same naming convention I am using for the preview versions and then post your bugs there, as otherwise it might get confusing as versions are mixed up.

Bye

Hi , I've just upgraded my phone to 10.0.15230.0, and I still have the same issue where the device will not pair. I know Garmin have put out a beta release for device upgrades. I wonder if I also need to upgrade the device? It's running software version 4.10. Cheers.