Bug List (GCM 3.19, W10M Build 15228)

Hi, I would like to introduce a new thread list that should collect all bugs for a given GCM/W10M combination.

Known issues:

- Battery drain (big issue, GCM is using more than 50% of battery in background)
- Bluetooth connection is lost way too often (also if phone is lying nearby)
- Watch is not reconnecting automatically when lost Bluetooth connection.
- When a notification is received on the phone and the watch is not connected, GCM reconnects to the watch but does not push the received notification.
- Sync is not reliable, especially when an app should be installed
- it happens sometimes that GCM shows a successful sync (green bar) but the data was not transferred from the watch.
- Music controls do not work at all (always waiting for connection to the phone). If the music control widget opens and has connection, it is not possible to start music.
- impossible to download Golf course from mobile phone (always waiting for connection to the phone)
- impossible to sync more data than the first screen (=actual day) on Fenix5 (always waiting for connection to the phone)
- app crashes on startup and need to be started a few times. Sometimes only a phone reboot helps.

Please post your problems and I will update the list so Garmin has an overview of what issues we are facing.

Bye
  • I am still on the earlier build, so can't add to the bugs list yet.

However, in terms of working functionality and bugs, I will note that GCM installed on an up to date Windows 10 Pro PC works perfectly. Same App, different deployment. Frustrating.

Anyway, back on topic: Bugs.
  • I am still on the earlier build, so can't add to the bugs list yet.

However, in terms of working functionality and bugs, I will note that GCM installed on an up to date Windows 10 Pro PC works perfectly. Same App, different deployment. Frustrating.

Anyway, back on topic: Bugs.

Are you on Creators Update or a previous version? In case it is a previous one we can create another thread for this combination of GCM and W10M.

Bye
  • I have the problem that data is synced, but not my activities.

Might this be the issue that sync is shown as successful but data is still missing?
  • Are you on Creators Update or a previous version? In case it is a previous one we can create another thread for this combination of GCM and W10M.

Bye

I am on the Creators Update, yes, but an earlier version than 15228. I don't think we need a thread for my version, as Garmin know it is broken and are apparently working on it. W10M Build 15228 or a later version will be available to all soon enough, I hope. Hopefully a new version of GCM. I just posted so I will be notified of updates, and to point out GCM works properly on W10.

I was going to say all my details are in my signature. But I can't see my own signature anymore unless I am logged out of the forum, and I can't see anyone else's signature. It seems that Garmin can't even get the vBulletin software to work properly after this upgrade. Gives me much less hope about GCM.

It happens quite often, but not all the times.

I should add, that if I have two or more activities a day to sync, the 1st one will sync normally but not the following ones.
  • It happens quite often, but not all the times.

I should add, that if I have two or more activities a day to sync, the 1st one will sync normally but not the following ones.

This sounds like the issue a lot of people have, where the sync seems to be completed (green bar) but not everything is synced. This issue is already mentioned in my list at the top.
  • Wanted to reply, but my account on this forum hasn't been working for 2 days.

Now it works, I wrote a reply, but the forum was giving me the error: "Error while saving content: SyntaxError: Invalid character"

So it seems there should be a session on the forum to discuss of the problems of the forum, too :(
  • I?d like to ad some other issues (Bug List (GCM 3.19, W10M Build 15228 - L950XL; Fenix5):

Golf activity:
    - impossible to download Golf course from mobile phone (always waiting for connection to the phone)
    Weather app:
    - impossible to sync more data than the first screen (=actual day) on Fenix5 (always waiting for connection to the phone)
  • I?d like to ad some other issues (Bug List (GCM 3.19, W10M Build 15228 - L950XL; Fenix5):

Golf activity:
    Weather app:

Have added your points to the list at the top.