Symptoms (Bad News):
- My Fenix 5X will start to sync when I open GCM on my phone (the % sync complete status starts up), however it never ever sucessfully completes. Sometime around the 80%, the GCM sync turns Red with a sync failed message.
- And, if that weren't bad enough, I can never adjust my Fenix 5X app settings using GCM - GCM fails to even show a list of teh installed apps on my watch
- It has been like this for me all year, no amount of Windows updates, Garmin App updates or Fenix updates have fixed anything.
- I have reported these issues several times properly and officially each to both Garmin and to Microsoft with faults logs.
Work-around (Good News!):
I worked this out by accident.
- Start GCM,
- Wait for GCM to start syncing - the point when the progress bar has appeared, but has not yet turned Red with the error
- Menu | Garmin Devices | Connect IQ Apps - the running man will appear, and after a minute...
- The list of apps and watchfaces appears! And it works, you can adjust watchface settings etc.
- The sync bar seems to get stuck now at about 70%, and it doesn't continue to increase until it errors.
This workaround method is upper stable - works everytime, all the time for me.
Happy mobile app setting adjusting using GCM on Windows Mobile!
Fenix 5X with v3.30 firmware.
Lumia 950 w/ Windows Mobile Build 15215
Garmin Connect Mobile for Windows v188.8.131.52