Garmin Connect 3.18.1.0 released

I have updated on my Windows Tablet/Laptop and Windows 10 Mobile (Lumia 950). Both running the latest creators production release (Lumia just updated today).

I started receiving notifications as soon as it installed, not confident it will last but time will tell.

I had a sync failure with 3.17 that fixed itself yesterday. Now with the new update sync is failing again. I may try to uninstall and delete the pairing and reconnect everything (on 3.17 that fixed it for about one sync then broke again).

No change log in the Store.
  • For me this update was a big step back... With 3.17.0 I was able to receive notifications (although those were delivered with a delay of 30-60 seconds) and also the Bluetooth connection was stable most of the time. Now the connection drops whenever I leave the Garmin Connect Mobile app and thus no notifications are arriving on my watch... Bad luck there is no way to go back :)
  • 950xl AND 3.18 Weird bug

Hello all,

Since the creators update.
    Keep in mind that MS apparently changed all the BT specs in this version.
    That two strange thing happen. If I pair my Vivosmart HR with the Phone. Garmin does not find it and I cannot connect.
    If a use garmin connect to pair.It will find the band and sync but, No notifications and the BT screen on the device shows as not connected.
    This is really weird and it started to happen on the creators update. With the 3.18 version it got even worse as I have to shutdown the app and reopen for it to find the band and sync.

AS the new Windows version now has severall BT changes including GART and BT LE optimizations Garmin guys might still be experiencing issues and in the past they have been developing based on different SDK's.
    Let's hope they can get there soon.
  • Same bug for me and my VivoactiveHR/950XL, even if I've deleted the VivoactiveHR from BT devices and I've connected again via Connect IQ.
    Sync it's ok opening Connect but connection shuts down immediatly after leaving the app and sometimes VivoactiveHR communicates disconnection from the phone (but on the screen no connection detected).
    All that after Creators Update (received yesterday) and contemporary update of Connect IQ...........:(
  • Hi !

Since Creators update, I'm back to how it used to work a year ago : the watch syncs "sort of", steps load to GC but activities will never load and I have to use a computer via USB connection. The BT icon disappears on the watch but it is still recognized on the phone. When it comes back on the watch it disappears from the phone. Ridiculous.

I also have to click the app icon 10 or 12 times before it opens. It will eventually open but will freeze or even lock the whole phone.

This is really getting annoying.

It has got worse with this new version of GCM.

Cheers.
    Jay
  • Not sure what's going on with Connect Mobile but yesterday it was working okay and today it does not recognize any of my devices. The little running man appears for a few seconds and the app locks up. Can an app get worse over time?

If Fitbit offered a device that could be submerged, it would be hard not to switch given the lack of concern Garmin is expressing over this issue.
  • Not sure what's going on with Connect Mobile but yesterday it was working okay and today it does not recognize any of my devices. The little running man appears for a few seconds and the app locks up. Can an app get worse over time?

If Fitbit offered a device that could be submerged, it would be hard not to switch given the lack of concern Garmin is expressing over this issue.

When this happens to me, restarting the phone and the Garmin device generally fixes it.
  • When this happens to me, restarting the phone and the Garmin device generally fixes it.

Tried that a couple of times with no luck.
    Ended up syncing the Vivosmart HR+ through Garmin Exchange, then retrying Connect Mobile. Did the trick.

I just hope Garmin can get things right with the next update.
  • Disaster

This update is a big step back, the clock is connected but it stays synchronizing until it gives error, once this happens I no longer recognize the activities (Run) and I have to connect the vivoactive to the PC and take the activity via USB and upload it.

Sometimes it syncs sleep well and sometimes.

It is a disaster

Lumia 640 LTE
  • Vivoactive HR not synchronizing with Garmin Connect on Windows 10 PC and Mobile

I have bought yesterday a Vivoactive HR. On Garmin site it says it is synchronizing with Windows.

I have tried to connect and synchronize throught Gamin Connect on my laptop (Windows 10 PC Pro Creators Update), tablet (Windows 10 PC Home Creators Update) and phone Microsoft Lumia 950 XL (Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update) and it does not seem to work.
    I could only connect to my laptop via Garmin Express and USB cable, but this old desktop app does not have all functionalities that Connect has and it does not seem to work properly either (it showed the sync is ok, but when I tried to make an update to a watch face, the progress bar was stuck in the same position for ages and the update did not work).

I also own a Fitbit Alta HR and a Microsoft Band and they are syncing seamlessly with my devices.

I hope there is a solution to this situation, otherwise I will just return the vivoactive
  • Synch issues

I am experiencing the same issues. With effort (restarting app, phone, watch) i can get connect to synch 'successfully' but although it synchs general stuff like steps and intensity minutes for the last week or so it will not synch any of my runs.

Really frustrating. I love my vivoactive HR, but synching and the connect app are shockingly poor and instable.