Sync stopped working

Hello,

Things have been going well (especially since the 'alarm not turning off' problem was fixed), but this morning my Windows phone (Lumia 950, Windows 10 Mobile) stopped syncing with my Vivosmart HR+. But here's the weird thing: it shows that it is connected via Bluetooth with the HR+ and displays the correct number of steps. The menu seems to indicate that the HR+ is connected, yet there is no blue Sync progress bar when the app opens. When I try to manually sync from the phone nothing happens, and when I try to sync from the HR+ I am told there is no app connection. The HR+ syncs fine with my laptop, and the updated information then appears on my mobile, but the mobile is unable to perform the sync itself. It was working fine on Tuesday, but today ... nothing.

I have restarted both devices and have had no joy. Any other troubleshooting tips? Should I remove the HR+ and then add it again or just go for reinstallation of Garmin Connect on the mobile?

All help appreciated.

Angus
  • Have you tried killing the app (holding down the back button and then swiping down on Garmin Connect) and then relaunching it? That normally fixes sync issues for me.
  • Have you tried killing the app (holding down the back button and then swiping down on Garmin Connect) and then relaunching it? That normally fixes sync issues for me.


    Hold power button and volume down button until phone restarts. Then restart the app. Usually works for me. If the above doesn't.
  • Fixed!

    Didn't notice that I had two responses (thanks folks) before I took the plunge and uninstalled/reinstalled Garmin Connect. That sorted a number of issues. One, weirdly, being that when I looked at historical sleep data it insisted on taking me to 29 December 2017 as a starting point. Anyway, it all seems ok now so I'm putting it down to Windows Phone rather than Connect.

    Thanks for your advice. Anybody reading this thread bow had three options! :-)
  • Similar Case Here with Vivoactive HR

    I have the similar problem after updated to the latest version of Garmin Connect Mobile app. My watch is Vivoactive HR. I have tried all the ways except the vol. down turn off the phone. Other ways seems not OK for the phone to sync with the watch.
  • This is normal on Windows phone. You can remove and re-setup the device again and it will work for a while, then stop. I'm not very optimistic that this will ever get fixed.
    I gave up and mostly use an old android phone now.